Marlins vs Cardinals---8:10et---at Busch Stadium

Ramp

Link

Yahoo! Sports Game Preview:

Now that the trade deadline has come and gone, A.J. Burnett is breathing a sigh of relief because he knows he will finish the season with the Florida Marlins.

Burnett, who was rumored for the last month to be on his way out of Miami, will be on the mound Thursday when the Marlins try to avoid being swept by the St. Louis Cardinals.

``I'm glad it's over,'' said Burnett, who repeatedly said he had no desire to leave the Marlins.

To Burnett's credit, all the rumors didn't impact him on the mound. If anything, he only increased his trade value after allowing a total of four runs in winning three straight starts.

The Marlins will certainly need another string start from Burnett if they are to avoid their fourth loss in the last five games. The Marlins blew a late lead Thursday and lost 9-6 to leave them 6 1/2 games behind first-place Atlanta in the NL East.

So Taguchi hit a pinch-hit three-run home run in the seventh inning to give the Cardinals the lead for good.

``My first pinch-hit home run anywhere, I can't believe it,'' Taguchi said. ``I was waiting for middle (of the plate). I saw the ball come middle.''

David Eckstein had three hits and two RBIs, and Mark Grudzielanek had three hits and an RBI for the Cardinals, who have won four of five.

Yahoo! Sports Game Preview:

Now that the trade deadline has come and gone, A.J. Burnett is breathing a sigh of relief because he knows he will finish the season with the Florida Marlins.

Burnett, who was rumored for the last month to be on his way out of Miami, will be on the mound Thursday when the Marlins try to avoid being swept by the St. Louis Cardinals.

``I'm glad it's over,'' said Burnett, who repeatedly said he had no desire to leave the Marlins.

To Burnett's credit, all the rumors didn't impact him on the mound. If anything, he only increased his trade value after allowing a total of four runs in winning three straight starts.

The Marlins will certainly need another string start from Burnett if they are to avoid their fourth loss in the last five games. The Marlins blew a late lead Thursday and lost 9-6 to leave them 6 1/2 games behind first-place Atlanta in the NL East.

So Taguchi hit a pinch-hit three-run home run in the seventh inning to give the Cardinals the lead for good.

``My first pinch-hit home run anywhere, I can't believe it,'' Taguchi said. ``I was waiting for middle (of the plate). I saw the ball come middle.''

David Eckstein had three hits and two RBIs, and Mark Grudzielanek had three hits and an RBI for the Cardinals, who have won four of five.

888748[/snapback]

dude that rocks!!!!

we WILL win tonight :)

1. Juan Pierre, CF

2. Damion Easley, 2B

3. Jeff Conine, 1B

4. Miguel Cabrera, LF

5. Paul Lo Duca, C

6. Juan Encarnacion, RF

7. Mike Lowell, 3B

8. Alex Gonzalez, SS

9. A.J. Burnett, P