The Vans Warped Tour

TarHeel324

Ew.

Warped was good when good bands played.

Bad Religion, H20, Hot Water Music, etc.

Warped Tour used to be about bringing music to kids.

Now it's clearly about money.

Want proof:

My Chemical Romance

The Offspring

need I say more?

hey, at least Green Day isn't on this, cause we all know all they're after now is money anyway

Ew.

Warped was good when good bands played.

Bad Religion, H20, Hot Water Music, etc.

Warped Tour used to be about bringing music to kids.

Now it's clearly about money.

Want proof:

My Chemical Romance

The Offspring

need I say more?

hey, at least Green Day isn't on this, cause we all know all they're after now is money anyway

890880[/snapback]

yep, i remember that was the case about 4-5 years ago...anti flag , mxpx, nofx, pennywise played..it was awesome.

The Offspring was by far the best band of the whole day. Surprisingly, Academy Is (first set on the Volcom Stage) was awesome. The best song was Fall Out Boy's Sugar We're Going Down

very awesome day, what did everyone else think?

891820[/snapback]

I've been going crazy about The Academy Is... for a few months now. They are a really sweet band--I've seen them twice at shows in the northeast (once opening for Fall Out Boy and once headlining). Anyone who went/is going to Warped Tour should check out their purevolume page and give them a listen.

soon it will be 250 bands on 10 stages. Basically a huge cacophony of noise in which you cant really hear one single band because there is about 8 playing at the same time

I remember the days when one band would play, they would finish and another band would start on the other side. a total of 3 or 4 stages and about 20 (good) bands

hells nah I didnt go (and i had gone for 6 years straight) too many kiddie bands

ha! I even remember the first warped tour which was back in like 95 ... it was at the edge (chilli pepper, venue) I forget what its called nowadays, but its that place in ft lady and a total of about 8 bands played in 2 stages

NOFX ad MXPX are awesome, and if I am not mistaken New Found Glory used to be on the Warped Tour, and they are my fav band of all time.

892213[/snapback]

i saw new found glory about 5 years ago at coconut grove back when caught inside was still around, it was caught insides last show and they were both amazing....nfg has changed quite a bit since then.

A bunch of my friends are going, I'd rather have my teeth pulled to be perfectly honest.

Like most tour's it's gone downhill way too fast and is now an absolute mess but it'll make a bunch of money, so bigs up to the promoter who are making a bundle on the trust fund babies.

way too hot outside for that all day

892209[/snapback]

Agreed. I went in 2002 and had a heat stroke, my friends still go...I pass. I heard it wasn't as good as before this year.

892759[/snapback]

I went in '02 as well and was pretty close to passing out at one point. It was absolutely brutal that year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.