Having three of top hitters out proves...

The "real" FAN

I guess I'm alone on this one

891860[/snapback]

On saying Lowell has been beyond frustrating with his one step forward, two step back routine? No.

On saying that anyone is an upgrade? Yes.

Ideally, the decision on Enc will be made tomorrow as to whether or not he'll be able to play by Tuesday...if not, he needs to be DL'd, and Hermida would (preferrably) get the call with the understanding between McKeon and Beinfest being that he (Hermida) will not be allowed to rot on the bench. Problem is, Hermida isn't on the 40 man, so it complicates things when thinking about him as a potential call-up.

Hopefully, LoDuca is healthy and ready to play in Coors, and Encarnacion is back in the lineup tomorrow.

891867[/snapback]

ok

disagree, I think the Dillon kid would be an improvement atleast the other pitchers in the league wouldn't know what to throw him. He'd be something of an unknown for a couple of weeks

We didn't deserve to win that game.? That was just some awful ball out there today.? Duca tagging on Lowells ball was bad, but the lineup iutself isn't helping any.? Wheres Enc?? I haven't heard anything about him at all!!? Anywho...back to the hotel room, and Madman...where are your seats for tommorows game? Mines right behind home...whatever row that is...still premieum seating....oh, and if anyone heard I was one of the guys trying to start up the Lets go Marlins chant.

891877[/snapback]

enc's got a sore wrist..

891880[/snapback]

That blows, this lineup won't be able to do much. But i'm not to mad since we didn't lose any ground in the wildcard...I just hope tommorow will be different....I've got seats right behind home again...I'll be cheering!!!

891860[/snapback]

On saying Lowell has been beyond frustrating with his one step forward, two step back routine? No.

Ideally, the decision on Enc will be made tomorrow as to whether or not he'll be able to play by Tuesday...if not, he needs to be DL'd, and Hermida would (preferrably) get the call with the understanding between McKeon and Beinfest being that he (Hermida) will not be allowed to rot on the bench. Problem is, Hermida isn't on the 40 man, so it complicates things when thinking about him as a potential call-up.

Hopefully, LoDuca is healthy and ready to play in Coors, and Encarnacion is back in the lineup tomorrow.

891867[/snapback]

ok

disagree, I think the Dillon kid would be an improvement atleast the other pitchers in the league wouldn't know what to throw him. He'd be something of an unknown for a couple of weeks

891884[/snapback]

Well, that's true to a degree if dealing with a special hitter like Hermida.

Dillon obviously can't hit an elite fastball or breaking ball, and all it takes is one at bat with a major league catcher back there to find out how to pitch to a journey-man.

So would you have rather have him strike out? He was trying to make contact and unfortunately, it went right at someone.

891816[/snapback]

YES!!!

He always hits into a DP with basesloaded

I've seen this playout three or four times this year already

IM SICK OF IT!!!

891828[/snapback]

WRONG

he always bounces a ball weakly to third...

891875[/snapback]

which the 3B turns into DP, one action leads to another

So would you have rather have him strike out? He was trying to make contact and unfortunately, it went right at someone.

891816[/snapback]

YES!!!

IM SICK OF IT!!!

891828[/snapback]

WRONG

891875[/snapback]

891892[/snapback]

Are you guys not clicking on the link? He's been very good with the bases loaded this year.

891816[/snapback]

YES!!!

IM SICK OF IT!!!

891828[/snapback]

WRONG

891875[/snapback]

891892[/snapback]

Are you guys not clicking on the link? He's been very good with the bases loaded this year.

891898[/snapback]

yeah he's got 6 hits in 12AB, but in the other 6times he's either 2K or hit into a DP in the other 4times(rally killers)

how long is Willingham out for?

891948[/snapback]

Im trying to find out.... I think he should be back around September

not much info on his injury besides

Josh Willingham, who was placed on the DL on Wednesday, is likely to miss six to eight weeks with a stress fracture in his left forearm.

There was some concern that Willingham might have a cancerous tumor in the arm, but only the break was found. Willingham probably won't rejoin the Marlins until early September.

i think that the Lowell complaining is getting very repeditive.. it isnt anything new arguing when Lowell will come out of it... i cant WAIT for it to happen.. but after every fault we cant go off on him again.. he hit well over .300 for july, and can do the same for august, his monthly ave has improved all season.. optemism poeple...

i think that the Lowell complaining is getting very repeditive.. it isnt anything new arguing when Lowell will come out of it... i cant WAIT for it to happen.. but after every fault we cant go off on him again.. he hit well over .300 for july, and can do the same for august, his monthly ave has improved all season.. optemism poeple...

892115[/snapback]

Not saying it can't happen, but blind-faith is a killer.

891860[/snapback]

891867[/snapback]

ok

891884[/snapback]

That doesn't work for new batters often. All batters typically have the same pitch preferences. There are over a hundred pitchers in just the past decade that made a decent career of pitching by the book.

Guest CrimsonCane

I think yesterday's game proves how damaging it can be to have Delgado, Encarnacion and Lo Duca out at one time. A passed ball putting your runner into scoring position should not be something that ultimately hurts your team. When we had Pierre (I think) on at first in extra innings with Cabrera at the plate, a passed ball moves him to scoring position. At the same time, it makes them intentionally walk Cabrera because there's a base open. And who do we have following up Cabrera in the lineup? Mike Lowell.

Lowell's sorry performance recently is not only hurting himself, but it's hurting all the players around him because they can pitch around our strong batters and face the struggling Lowell who is too high up on the lineup. Having Lowell batting behind Cabrera really limits Miguel's effectiveness at the plate and is really hurting our ability to produce runs. I wouldn't mind switching Cabrera and Conine's spots on the lineup just to give Miguel a chance to see a good pitch every once in a while.

I just hope either Lowell wakes the hell up or we get back our hitters because we won't have much success with the current lineup.

891816[/snapback]

YES!!!

IM SICK OF IT!!!

891828[/snapback]

This board has turned into BashMikeLowell.com. You're wrong - he's batting a modest .429 with 15 RBIs with the bases loaded this year. And he's managing to make contact with two outs, something a lot of other guys have no clue at. Do you really want Miggy to be moved to 3B, where he's played twice all season, and watch him adjust while we take a gamble on a minor leaguer who has never once played in the majors? Lets just hope he's better than Abraham Nunez ever was.

You don't have to gamble on a minor leaguer. You have Conine, Enc, and Aguila who all can play the corner outfield positions. Obviously at this moment you're limited because of the injuries, but when Enc comes back why not put Cabrera at third and Aguila in left? Hell, when Delgado is back, why not put Aguila in center? That takes the two hitters killing your offense out of the equation, and you get a better arm in center.

891816[/snapback]

YES!!!

IM SICK OF IT!!!

891828[/snapback]

This board has turned into BashMikeLowell.com. You're wrong - he's batting a modest .429 with 15 RBIs with the bases loaded this year. And he's managing to make contact with two outs, something a lot of other guys have no clue at. Do you really want Miggy to be moved to 3B, where he's played twice all season, and watch him adjust while we take a gamble on a minor leaguer who has never once played in the majors? Lets just hope he's better than Abraham Nunez ever was.

895734[/snapback]

Comparing Hermida to Abe Nunez? haha nice joke buddy.

Even if Hermida struggles- then big deal we gave it a shot and we just send him back the minors.

Bring up Hermida already! I love Mike Lowell, but the man needs to sit down now

and do whats best for the team. Cabs at third, put enc and niner in the OF and give Hermida a start once in awhile.

Without Duca, Delgado and Enc yesterday our offense was just awful. We need the

runs and we have to do whats best for the team.

891816[/snapback]

YES!!!

IM SICK OF IT!!!

891828[/snapback]

895734[/snapback]

See, Hermida has what's called a pedigree; he's a blue-chipper; however you want to phrase it. Hermida is the future of this organization along with Cabs, and he's proving (almost daily) that he's a better option than at least 4 players we put out there regularly...there's no reason to deny him an opportunity when we're banged up and struggling to score runs.