Teal alternate jersey

Admin

I have started a petition to bring back the teal alternate jersey! I know I have had a poll her before, but I got bored and decided to do a petition and am working on a website to go along with it, and I will add the link to that when I am done with it. If you want it back but just as a BP jersey, just put that in the comment box. Thanks.

PETITION FOUND HERE

If your petition wasnt written like a High School Student maybe they would take you seriously.

892298[/snapback]

dude are you serious? why does everyone have to make a negative out of every post on this forum. you sound like a high school student for making that comment. i think its written well. props todd for showing the initiative to get a petition going for this. i really liked those teal jerseys aswell. your petition is simple and to the point. ill gladly sign.

way to much hatred on this board its pathetic. go outside and fly a kite :thumbup

You know, if teal wasn't so UNINTIMIDATING...maybe I'd sign that...I love the teal but only as a "trim" color, which the Marlins use enough...I think the black alternate is beautiful enough...

Look at other teams with bright colors, with the exception of red...the bright colors tend to be toned down as a trim color, like the yellow of the Pirates, the purple of the Rockies, and the orange of both the Giants and the Mets...

sidenote, now that I think about it...why do expansion teams always start out with the brightest, most unintimidating uniforms? They always scream out "Hey, we're a little league team that just got promoted!"

I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but there NEVER WAS A TEAL ALTERNATE JERSEY for the Marlins. The "teal jerseys" everyone sees were the early BP jerseys. The Marlins have NEVER worn teal jerseys on game day. The Marlins had the white home jerseys with teal pinstripes until 2003, with an alternate vest with teal undershirt until around 1995. In 1996, the teal undershirt was replaced with a black undershirt. There was NEVER a road alternate jersey for the Marlins until 2003.

Go to this site (LINK) for a complete Marlins uniform history, and you'll see there is no such thing as an old TEAL ALTERNATE JERSEY.

I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but there NEVER WAS A TEAL ALTERNATE JERSEY for the Marlins. The "teal jerseys" everyone sees were the early BP jerseys. The Marlins have NEVER worn teal jerseys on game day. The Marlins had the white home jerseys with teal pinstripes until 2003, with an alternate vest with teal undershirt until around 1995. In 1996, the teal undershirt was replaced with a black undershirt. There was NEVER a road alternate jersey for the Marlins until 2003.

Go to this site (LINK) for a complete Marlins uniform history, and you'll see there is no such thing as an old TEAL ALTERNATE JERSEY.

892997[/snapback]

Well that site is wrong. They used the teal pinstripe vests until 2002. And I think that in 98 they did use a teal alternate on the road.

woah woah woah...this always bugs me...where in the world do you see ORANGE in the Marlins logo? (and whatever color the baseball seams may be, does not count)

I HATE how South Florida loves to slip some orange in Marlin designs...I blame those bright orange seats at the Stadium which are always quite visibile...people figure, "if Cincinnati has red seats and they're a red team, then the Marlins have bright orange seats, so hey they must have orange in their logo!"

So let's put orange on every promotional thing they produce and why not on those Mermaids while we're at it! That's all garbage to match with the Miami Dolphins image that we're forced to live with...the Marlin logo has NO ORANGE...somebody please kill that idea!

Sorry for the rant but I hate it with a passion... :mad

Geez I shudder at the thought of a Marlins uniform in 1976... :blink:

By the way, teal pinstripes = NOT COOL...vests? = funny looking on most teams...imagine the Yankees w/ vests...not gonna happen...

By the way, any idea what happened to the Sunday Home Alternate of 2004 and I believe 2003 as well? The white w/ pinstripes and just the "F" cap logo on the left side of the chest? I happened to like that one...I thought it was a nice look, since I consider our cap logo one of baseball's most beautiful...in all truth, I can't stand our Official Team Logo, the Marlin jumping over the baseball through the silver ring...it has an OLD look to it that just irks me...but our cap logo? A thing of beauty! :notworthy

I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but there NEVER WAS A TEAL ALTERNATE JERSEY for the Marlins.? The "teal jerseys" everyone sees were the early BP jerseys.? The Marlins have NEVER worn teal jerseys on game day.? The Marlins had the white home jerseys with teal pinstripes until 2003, with an alternate vest with teal undershirt until around 1995.? In 1996, the teal undershirt was replaced with a black undershirt.? There was NEVER a road alternate jersey for the Marlins until 2003.

892997[/snapback]

That site is clearly not including every uniform because it doesn't list the pinstriped uni with the team logo on the chest from 2003 or the black jerseys at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.