With Jennings, Rather, and Brokaw gone

EndLine

If Fox were smart, they'd start up a nightly news themself to try and pick up some viewers while the other networks are down a bit.

Anyways, I agree that Charles Gibson is a good fit for ABC's nightly news. Of course Brian Williams on NBC, and as for CBS?? That's a good question, every national news person they have is approaching 3 digits in age I think.

real thoughtful comment Wild.... :plain

I think Charlie Gibson should get the job on ABC.

the CBS guy right now is Bill Schiffer, but he's no spring chicken so is likely only there until they find a permanent replacement. No idea who it would be though.

896935[/snapback]

Charlie Gibson is too emotional... if that makes any sense.

Cape's Look At The Nightly News:

ABC - Gibson

Charlie is the best for the job and the #2 at ABC before Jennings died.

NBC - Williams

Brian is a very good newsman and NBC controls this race.

CBS - Couric

Katie looking to leave NBC's Today Show? I think so because CBS is looking for an anchor that is not the voice of god. Katie on Today has mastered anchoring without the voice of god touch.

FOX - Affiliates

FOX News will likely not get into the nightly news business. However if they were to take the dive, Bill Hemmer...formerly of CNN....would be the natural anchor out of FOX's reserves. Affiliates on the FOX Network have a unique realtionship with their network. FOX News is optional. FOX affiliates don't even have to carry FOX News Alerts unless they want to. Of course most FOX stations do, but would most take a nightly newscast when FNC has the Fox Report?

Something of interest, FOX News recently hit big time on radio with Clear Channel. That displaced ABC Radio News and CBS Radio News in many markets. Here is a look at the radio news networks:

ABC Radio-lost many big affiliates to FOX

CBS Radio/CNN Radio/NBC Radio-All run by Westwood One using their respective network's talents

FOX News-run by FOX News and they have an affiliate content deal with Clear Channel

In Miami, for example, 610 WIOD dumped ABC/CNN Radio for FOX News Radio. ABC went to WIOD's sister station 940 WINZ with CNN and CBS airing on 850 WFTL.

CBS - Couric

Katie looking to leave NBC's Today Show? I think so because CBS is looking for an anchor that is not the voice of god. Katie on Today has mastered anchoring without the voice of god touch.897468[/snapback]

Are you f***ing insane.

898765[/snapback]

I read what CBS wants, I read what CBS is going after, I report what I see.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.