BREAKING NEWS: Carl Pavano out for rest of season

Accord

I love because the Marlins wouldnt pay him as much as a team like the Yankees could and Carl cashed in and moved on to the winningest sports franchise in the history of American sports, that you are happy he could be out for the rest of the season.

Quality 'fan' right there...

I love because the Marlins wouldnt pay him as much as a team like the Yankees could and Carl cashed in and moved on to the winningest sports franchise in the history of American sports, that you are happy he could be out for the rest of the season.

897374[/snapback]

Well, it does serve him right that he's now gotten what he deserved...being exposed as an average pitcher.

He made a promise to Loria that he would stay with the Marlins if he received a "fair" offer, which prompted the trade of Penny (who still would be under our control).

Not to say Pavano didn't do what any rational human would do, but he really smacked the organization and the fans in the face when he left for the New York spotlight. Not giving credit to the only management group that had faith in him to give him a chance in 2002 and 2003, or the fact that the environment in Florida (low pressure, average offenses in the NL East, great defense, good pitchers park) in 2004 had more to do with his success than his stuff is where many fans' ire stems, including mine.

897374[/snapback]

Well, it does serve him right that he's now gotten what he deserved...being exposed as an average pitcher.

He made a promise to Loria that he would stay with the Marlins if he received a "fair" offer, which prompted the trade of Penny (who still would be under our control).

Not to say Pavano didn't do what any rational human would do, but he really smacked the organization and the fans in the face when he left for the New York spotlight. Not giving credit to the only management group that had faith in him to give him a chance in 2002 and 2003, or the fact that the environment in Florida (low pressure, average offenses in the NL East, great defense, good pitchers park) in 2004 had more to do with his success than his stuff is where many fans' ire stems, including mine.

897378[/snapback]

You still dont say things like...'Karma is a bitch' just because you are still bitter.

As one of the more respected posters on this site, you know that.

And probably, If Im a Marlin fan, Im glad he has moved on so that my team wasnt paying him or dealing with his arm troubles.

897374[/snapback]

897378[/snapback]

You still dont say things like...'Karma is a bitch' just because you are still bitter.

And probably, If Im a Marlin fan, Im glad he has moved on so that my team wasnt paying him or dealing with his arm troubles.

897381[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, you don't wish injury on anyone, and I guess it's also good that you didn't resign someone to find them battle injuries all the time, but you have to admit, it's almost comical how much bad stuff has happened to Pavano in New York...almost like there is a black cloud hovering above him.

And for the record, yes, I'm glad that the Yankees saved the Marlins from investing in Pavano and his one year of success, but it still doesn't make what he did to Loria and the F.O. right.

897374[/snapback]

897378[/snapback]

897381[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, you don't wish injury on anyone, and I guess it's also good that you didn't resign someone to find them battle injuries all the time, but you have to admit, it's almost comical how much bad stuff has happened to Pavano in New York...almost like there is a black cloud hovering above him.

And for the record, yes, I'm glad that the Yankees saved the Marlins from investing in Pavano and his one year of success, but it still doesn't make what he did to Loria and the F.O. right.

897384[/snapback]

what did he do? I just don't get it

897374[/snapback]

897378[/snapback]

897381[/snapback]

Well, at least you're consistent here....and I completely agree with you. Come back stronger Pavs.

They just released the info live during the ChiSox@Yankees game on ESPN.

Karma's a bitch, huh Carl.

897369[/snapback]

Like you wouldn't take more money to work your dream job?

Shut up, clown.

You guys are unbelievable.

What a f***ing ridiculous statement, Craig. Yes, I think Pavano deserves to be hurt :rolleyes: . Please. And Because I don't like a certain NBA trade, i'm automatically a bad poster. Great logic!

And Passion, where did I ever say I was happy? I'm never happy to see any athlete get hurt, but I sure as hell am not going to sit here feeling sorry for a complete a**hole who insulted the entire Marlins fanbase and left on a very bad note.

Just because I didn't make a post like "feel better Pavvy!" you guys automatically assume the other extreme, and if that's what you think, you're absolutely wrong.

What a f***ing ridiculous statement, Craig. Yes, I think Pavano deserves to be hurt :rolleyes: . Please. And Because I don't like a certain NBA trade, i'm automatically a bad poster. Great logic!

And Passion, where did I ever say I was happy? I'm never happy to see any athlete get hurt, but I sure as hell am not going to sit here feeling sorry for a complete a**hole who insulted the entire Marlins fanbase and left on a very bad note.

Just because I didn't make a post like "feel better Pavvy!" you guys automatically assume the other extreme, and if that's what you think, you're absolutely wrong.

897497[/snapback]

How the heck did he insulted the entire fan base?

I agree with Accord. Before the season ended, Pavano even said to the Herald that he wanted to stay with the Marlins. We were the team that took a chance on him when he was an injury-prone pitcher in Montreal. He won a World Series with this team.

After the season ended, he immediately acted like the Marlins were insulting him with offers, even though he must have known that we aren't a rich team. Instead of staying with us, he left to take the most cash with the Stankees.

So in a way, I'm glad he's injured. He did get what he deserved.

897497[/snapback]

So referencing towards karma means your saddened to see him hurt? Please, your glad he's hurt and now backtracking because you were called to task for it. At least keep some dignity and stick with what you think.

897497[/snapback]

So referencing towards karma means your saddened to see him hurt? Please, your glad he's hurt and now backtracking because you were called to task for it. At least keep some dignity and stick with what you think.

897816[/snapback]

Exactly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.