The latest on Josh Willingham

Ramp

Just spoke with Marlins Assistant GM Mike Hill.

He said Josh is about a week away from starting rehab and he could be ready in early September.

:thumbup

898452[/snapback]

Just wondering, you don't have to answer if you don't want to:

by "spoke", do you mean via e-mail or phone?

He said Josh is about a week away from starting rehab and he could be ready in early September.

898452[/snapback]

898456[/snapback]

tonight was email.... but I have spoken with him on the phone before

898452[/snapback]

898456[/snapback]

tonight was email.... but I have spoken with him on the phone before

898471[/snapback]

Cool. :thumbup

I know you have to be on the 25 man roster by a certain date to be eligable for post season play(Sep 1st right?), but he was taken off of the 25 and placed on the DL and wont be back until after that date...this is the part I am confused on, do they make special conscessions for players on the DL?

I know you have to be on the 25 man roster by a certain date to be eligable for post season play(Sep 1st right?), but he was taken off of the 25 and placed on the DL and wont be back until after that date...this is the part I am confused on, do they make special conscessions for players on the DL?

898687[/snapback]

A player has to be on the active 25-man roster before September 1st to be eligible for the postseason roster. Exceptions can be made or created (see KRod).

898687[/snapback]

A player has to be on the active 25-man roster before September 1st to be eligible for the postseason roster. Exceptions can be made or created (see KRod).

898871[/snapback]

The player must be in the organization before September 1 to have a loophole like that exploited.

However, if Beinfest wants Willy on the roster (be it the 40 man, the 25 man, or the playoff roster) there is a way to get him there.

I may be wrong, and if someone knows definitively, I'll stand corrected, but I believe Willingham was on the25 man active roster when he was injured, and as such, remains so, even though he may be on the DL now.

Even though he being placed on the DL may have made room for someone else on the 25 man roster, he remains on it as well, at least in the sense he has not lost his eligibilty to play in the playoffs.

The fact he was on the 25 man roster when he was injured overrides all else.

If he comes back as late as October 2nd (the last day of the regular season) he can still be eligible for the playoffs (although someone else would have to be removed).

I may be wrong, and if someone knows definitively, I'll stand corrected, but I believe Willingham was on the25 man active roster when he was injured, and as such, remains so, even though he may be on the DL now.

Even though he being placed on the DL may have made room for someone else on the 25 man roster, he remains on it as well, at least in the sense he has not lost his eligibilty to play in the playoffs.

The fact he was on the 25 man roster when he was injured overrides all else.

If he comes back as late as October 2nd (the last day of the regular season) he can still be eligible for the playoffs (although someone else would have to be removed).

898894[/snapback]

I could swear he was put on the 60 day, which frees up a roster spot by taking him off the 40 man.

Guest markotsay7

I saw Josh tonight...

he got the cast off, he was moving his arm pretty well, said it felt pretty good

we could sure use his bat

900298[/snapback]

Sitting on the bat rack? :plain