Who should I take at #2?

WildMarlinMan2003

Ok guys I need help.

I play in a big time money league (fantasy football). And this year drawing out of the hat I received the #2 pick in the draft out of 12 teams.

Obviously, if Tomlinson is there Im taking him. I think he'll be gone at #1 so who should I take? It's probably between Shaun Alexander, Peyton Manning, and Preist Holmes.

Holmes is a little risky and RBs in our league are the most sought after. Being very consistant, I think I'll go with Alexander.

Who would you take?

Well if it is alot of points for running yardage, and rushing TDS go for Alexander. He is a solid pick and will do well enough.

Holmes has more risk but more reward as well, I have taken him 3 and 4 in two leagues now. He gets more receptions (if you get points for that). More recieving yards and runs behind the best line in the business. He has a highest Top end.

If you get good points for a QB and believe that solid backs will be there later in the draft take Manning. He will put up 4k yards, 30-40 td this year.

Then take solid backs later on like JJ Arington and Bettis (duce is out for 2 months) to depend upon. Maybe portis will drop he does often. Westbrook will be huge for philly with TO and Pinkston gone.

I agree.... it has to do with the points each position gets... in most leagues, the RBs get the better point system and I have also taken Priest the last 2 years in a row in my money league, and he does amazing; however, he cost me the playoffs last year. So, if you want to take the risk, which I may myself be willing to take, draft Priest, otherwise, Alexander will be sufficient

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guys!

Well, Manning was taken #1 which made my choice easy.

I took Tomlinson.

It is a big time money league and I am fairly happy about my team.

My 12 team league roster is:

1) Tomlinson, RB

2) C.Johnson, WR

3) A.Green, RB

4) J.Witten, TE

5) D.Bennett, WR

6) L.Fitzgerald, WR

7) K.Barlow, RB

8) TB QB

9) J.Shockey, TE

10) DET QB

11) NE D

12) NYJ K

13) JAX K

14) B.Jacobs, RB

15) C.Taylor, RB

16) M.Jenkins, WR

You wasted a pick on WR way too soon. I would have grabbed another RB or Culpepper if he was still on the board. In a lot of drafts, I see Culpepper falling into round 3 even. I'm guessing that you had 11th pick in Round 2 - so he would have been the most points on the board.

All in all, a decent team. You have a lot of WR depth. I'd see if I can upgrade at RB for better consistancy.

You wasted a pick on WR way too soon. I would have grabbed another RB or Culpepper if he was still on the board. In a lot of drafts, I see Culpepper falling into round 3 even. I'm guessing that you had 11th pick in Round 2 - so he would have been the most points on the board.

All in all, a decent team. You have a lot of WR depth. I'd see if I can upgrade at RB for better consistancy.

928804[/snapback]

Yeah last year I drafted 4 RBs to start...However I think Chad Johnson can score 12-15 TDs and watch Brandon Jacobs score 8-10 TDs.

I think Chad Johnson can score 12-15 TDs and watch Brandon Jacobs score 8-10 TDs.

Wow! As a Giants fan, no one would be happier than me to see Jacobs score 8-10 but that's pushing it. Our O is pretty weak and Tikki and Shockey will get the lion's share of opportunities in the red zone unless it's a 4th and goal situation on the 1...

15 TD's from Johnson is a pretty big stretch. That's TO/Harrison/Moss territory and they all played on WAY better teams than the Bungles. I'm thinking 10 TD and 1100 yards. Of course, with that being said, Green was a nice steal in round 3. I guess it depends on what other RB's were available on the board.

BTW - what do you think about Julius Jones? Parcells is all about ball control and eating the clock. He will carry the rock 40 times a game minimum. That's a lot of chances to bust out!

I think Chad Johnson can score 12-15 TDs and watch Brandon Jacobs score 8-10 TDs.

Wow! As a Giants fan, no one would be happier than me to see Jacobs score 8-10 but that's pushing it. Our O is pretty weak and Tikki and Shockey will get the lion's share of opportunities in the red zone unless it's a 4th and goal situation on the 1...

15 TD's from Johnson is a pretty big stretch. That's TO/Harrison/Moss territory and they all played on WAY better teams than the Bungles. I'm thinking 10 TD and 1100 yards. Of course, with that being said, Green was a nice steal in round 3. I guess it depends on what other RB's were available on the board.

BTW - what do you think about Julius Jones? Parcells is all about ball control and eating the clock. He will carry the rock 40 times a game minimum. That's a lot of chances to bust out!

929994[/snapback]

Yeah Julius Jones went in the 1st round #11...had no chance at him. I think Jacobs can score 8 TDs....we shall see.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.