Well, I'm going to a Sea Dogs Game Monday

Bradcore

Won Skybox tickets and free room service.

898861[/snapback]

Skybox tickets are nice - I've been up there for a few games before and had a good time. :thumbup

The room service sounds good also - be sure to eat a lot of Sea Dog biscuits!

Root for Binghamton, though. :D

898880[/snapback]

What's a Sea Dog Biscuit? Also, I'll be rooting for the Sea Dogs as they are with the Red Sox.

Aw, who am I kidding, I rooted for them back when they were owned by the Marlins. Of course, I didn't know that at the time. :mischief

What's a Sea Dog Biscuit? Also, I'll be rooting for the Sea Dogs as they are with the Red Sox.

Aw, who am I kidding, I rooted for them back when they were owned by the Marlins. Of course, I didn't know that at the time. :mischief

898899[/snapback]

A Sea Dog Biscuit is basically vanilla ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies - very good, especially in early April! My family had season tickets next to the visitor's bullpen, and their pitchers would frequently exchange balls for biscuits - so I guess they're unique to Hadlock. That's about all that's unique there now... any of the charm the park had has been replaced with the "mini-Fenway" idea. :thumbdown

What's a Sea Dog Biscuit?? Also, I'll be rooting for the Sea Dogs as they are with the Red Sox.

Aw, who am I kidding, I rooted for them back when they were owned by the Marlins.? Of course, I didn't know that at the time.? :mischief

898899[/snapback]

A Sea Dog Biscuit is basically vanilla ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies - very good, especially in early April! My family had season tickets next to the visitor's bullpen, and their pitchers would frequently exchange balls for biscuits - so I guess they're unique to Hadlock. That's about all that's unique there now... any of the charm the park had has been replaced with the "mini-Fenway" idea. :thumbdown

898914[/snapback]

Mini Fenway idea? What? Are they going to renovate it? Oh, and as for those Sea Dog Biscuits, you can buy those at Irving. They're not called that, but they sell those. Ice Cream between two cholate chip cookies.

Mini Fenway idea?? What?? Are they going to renovate it?898919[/snapback]

[rant]

They did, right after they announced the affiliation switch after the 2002 season.

Picture from http://www.seadogs.com/

Bye bye LF wall... hello "Maine Monster" (or is it Monstrosity?), complete with Coke bottle and Citco sign. The scoreboard moved from its original position to the wall. The message center in right-center is now dedicated solely to live score updates for the Red Sox. A new video wall shows Red Sox updates as soon as they happen. "Dirty Water" becomes the new winning song, and "Sweet Caroline" plays every game. There's a lot more that they've done to make it more Fenway-like, but I don't know them all because I'm not into Fenway nor have I been to Hadlock this season. Since I'm a Yankee fan I know most people don't take me (or my brother) seriously, but the atmsosphere of that minor league field has seriously been ruined, especially when there is now three rows of ads in right to make up for the Monstrosity in left. Want to see a 37-foot wall? Take the 2-hour ride to Boston.

[/rant]

Regardless, I hope you have a good time. :thumbup

The game was good. There was even a brawl when some player from the Mets got pissed at the Sea Dogs dugout and decided to attack them....ON HIS OWN! Then the rest of the Mets saw and ran across the field to help their buddy. As for the renovations, they didnt't really do much. They changed the left field wall. They have a very small ticker that shows the score of the Red Sox game. And the big monitor (video wall if you can call it that), which is really nice but should've been bigger, doesn't show Red Sox updates as soon as they happen. When I was there, they only did brief highlights of the game during long breaks between a couple innings, maybe three total.

The logo looked nicer with teal than red...

908043[/snapback]

:thumbup

Not to mention red doesn't work with the whole sea/ocean/marine theme. And yes, I know that there is a Red Sea... :p

So you saw the brawl? The paper says it was the first ever at Hadlock. I don't remember seeing any in my six years of season ticket holding. I think they said it was a B-Mets coach who actually charged.

So, did you have a Sea Dogs biscuit?

The logo looked nicer with teal than red...

908043[/snapback]

:thumbup

Not to mention red doesn't work with the whole sea/ocean/marine theme. And yes, I know that there is a Red Sea... :p

So you saw the brawl? The paper says it was the first ever at Hadlock. I don't remember seeing any in my six years of season ticket holding. I think they said it was a B-Mets coach who actually charged.

So, did you have a Sea Dogs biscuit?

908238[/snapback]

No, I didn't get a Sea Dog Biscuit. I spent all my money on beer. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.