Mike Vick

Admin

Michael Vick said he's one of the best QB's in the NFL. What a smug moron, he isn't anywhere near one of the best. He might be exciting to watch, but as far as a passer he is average. And for such an elusive runner, he was sacked the second most of any QB(46 times). He is no where near the best, he is behind Delhomme in his own division, possibly Brooks as well. In the NFC he is behind Culpepper, McNabb, Bulger, Hassleback, etc. etc. Until he actually puts up good passing #'s, puts up total yardage that is at least to comparable to other QB's passing only totals, and until he can avoid being sacked, he is nowhere near one of the top QB's.

I hate Mike Vick.

But, you know... It's all good. He's just one of those guys they make a star out of because he has potential. I think his throwing ability is waaay overrated.

915701[/snapback]

Agreed.

He has a star quality, but if he wasn't as athletic as he is (which is really unfair, I must admit) he'd be lucky to be a 3rd string QB. However, I think the potential is there. The way he played in the 2000 Sugar Bowl was absolutely amazing.

Don't start this again, we all know that you hate Mike Vick.

915693[/snapback]

I'll start if I want, thats a very cocky statement from a guy with mediocre passing stats like he had last season. Josh McKown had more yards through the air in '04 if that tells you anything.

915693[/snapback]

I'll start if I want, thats a very cocky statement from a guy with mediocre passing stats like he had last season. Josh McKown had more yards through the air in '04 if that tells you anything.

915724[/snapback]

who cares if someone threw for more yards

you put Vick on any team on any given day and they can win

he isnt a great thrower yet but his legs are tremendous

915693[/snapback]

915724[/snapback]

915736[/snapback]

He is a QB. It's his job to throw for more yards. And if his legs were such a stregnth, he wouldn't of been sacked 46 times last season(2nd most of any QB).

915693[/snapback]

915724[/snapback]

915736[/snapback]

He is a QB. It's his job to throw for more yards. And if his legs were such a stregnth, he wouldn't of been sacked 46 times last season(2nd most of any QB).

915742[/snapback]

I could have sworn his job was to win games. The 46 sacks arent exactly his fault

He had a great running attack and defense to go along with him last year, alot of you act like he won the games himself. Bought into ESPN's hype is what alot of you have done. Even after last year the Panthers are the team to beat in that division.

He had a great running attack and defense to go along with him last year, alot of you act like he won the games himself. Bought into ESPN's hype is what alot of you have done. Even after last year the Panthers are the team to beat in that division.

915755[/snapback]

yes, none of us can make opinion's for ourselves

and Mike Vick was a huuuuuuuuge part of that great running attack

Like I said before, Mike Vick has started 2 seasons, and has won a playoff game both of those seasons.

Winning games>>>>>>Winning passing titles

915846[/snapback]

You proved my point for me. He said he is a TOP 10 QUARTERBACK! That, he is not. He's an average quarterback at best, and the fact that he said this and is the highest paid QB in history is a slap in the face. I will never call him a quarterback, because as a passer, he is average at best. That is a quarterbacks job. He is a halfback that gets an occasional option play where he gets to throw the ball, he just doesn't do it well. It doesn't matter, that division is Carolinas anyway.

Like I said before, Mike Vick has started 2 seasons, and has won a playoff game both of those seasons.

915846[/snapback]

You proved my point for me. He said he is a TOP 10 QUARTERBACK! That, he is not. He's an average quarterback at best, and the fact that he said this and is the highest paid QB in history is a slap in the face. I will never call him a quarterback, because as a passer, he is average at best. That is a quarterbacks job. He is a halfback that gets an occasional option play where he gets to throw the ball, he just doesn't do it well. It doesn't matter, that division is Carolinas anyway.

915892[/snapback]

the QB is supposed to be a winner. Mike Vick is a winner.

915846[/snapback]

915892[/snapback]

915894[/snapback]

Tom Brady is a winner. Michael Vick is not. He has never won anything.

915846[/snapback]

915892[/snapback]

915894[/snapback]

915911[/snapback]

what has your boy Jake Delhomme ever won then? or Peyton Manning? or Donovan McNabb

915846[/snapback]

915892[/snapback]

915894[/snapback]

915911[/snapback]

Your right, every player who has not won a super bowl is not a winner.

DAN MARINO LOSER!!!!

Btw, how about you give Vick some time, he has played 2 full seasons in the NFL, sorry he can't win a super his 1st 2 years in the league.

Jake D is not my boy, he is a better QB than Vick(and, like Vick, only has two NFL seasons as a starter and took his team to a superbowl, in his first year no less, some place Vick has never been). And last year, which was a down year for Carolina overall, Jake D blew Mike Vick out of the water statistically, it wasn't even close. Jake D is closer to being a winner than Vick, I cant see Vick leading 3 consecutive drives in the Superbowl totaling 251 total yards. Vick doesn't have Jake D's passing ability, which would make something like that for Vick nearly impossible.

Jake D is not my boy, he is a better QB than Vick(and, like Vick, only has two NFL seasons as a starter and took his team to a superbowl, in his first year no less, some place Vick has never been).? And last year, which was a down year for Carolina overall, Jake D blew Mike Vick out of the water statistically, it wasn't even close.? Jake D is closer to being a winner than Vick, I cant see Vick leading 3 consecutive drives in the Superbowl totaling 251 total yards.? Vick doesn't have Jake D's passing ability, which would make something like that for Vick nearly impossible.

915930[/snapback]

Wait a minute, you toot Brady's horn and he does not put up great stats for being a winner, but then you toot Jake Delhomme's horn for his great stats even though he has never won anything, you can't have it both ways. Don't act like Delhomme has been so much more of a winner for getting to the Super Bowl when Vick has been to an NFC title game, ooo Delhomme got one game farther.

And if Delhomme isn't your boy why do you call him Jake D, is it because you don't know how to spell Delhomme?

EDIT: Btw, Vick has been to the playoffs twice, Delhomme once.