Calm the Angry Jewban

Lefty

WTF.

Every week, the television schedule finds a way to screw me out of a Dolphin's game in Tallahassee. Either the Jaguars, Bucs or Falcons are playing at the same time as Miami every week since week 1, OR some other bizarrer occurance happens (note the Friday night game that I WOULD HAVE seen on Sunday)

Anyway, this week--wow! New England vs Miami! What a match up! Not only does my internal though process compute this as one of the key match ups of the week, BUT NFL DISTRIBUTION MAPS agree.

http://www.gribblenation.net/personal/jp/2005wk10-cbs.gif

Tallahassee is clearly in the RED area, which means I should be watching the Dolphins/Patriots game.

BUT I CHECK MY CABLE TV GUIDE, and guess what??

Yep, JAGUARS GAME IS SCHEDULED AT 1PM ON CBS INSTEAD OF THE DOLPHINS.

javascript:dtl(1154559,130,'9','WCTV','11/13/2005%2013:00',%200);

WTFWTFWTF, why can't I watch the Fins on TV? Is there some conspiracy against me?

What can I do in terms of complaint to the cable company to have them show the game, especially since it's on the distribution map?? Someone please help, I'm going crazy.

It's the network, not the cable company.

And I'm sure they'll tell you flat-out that the Jaguars get better ratings there then the Dolphins.

We go through this in Columbus all the time. When the Bengals sucked, the Browns got double the ratings and were always on and Bengals fans wrote letters to the paper and bitched to the network, etc.. Now the Bengals are good and the Browns are terrible, so the Bengals are always on, and Browns fans write letters to the paper and bitch to the network, etc.

I don't know the nature of the Tallahasse market, so I won't pretend I do, but I would imagine if the network believed the Dolphins game would be higher rated, it would be on. Of course, here there's the occassional one team on FOX, one team on CBS days so our network has measurable numbers on ratings, doesn't sound like that's the case there.

It's the nature of the beast when you're in between markets. You're just going to have to head to your local establishment that has Sunday Ticket and shows multiple games. Not much else you can do.

And I'm sure they'll tell you flat-out that the Jaguars get better ratings there then the Dolphins.

We go through this in Columbus all the time. When the Bengals sucked, the Browns got double the ratings and were always on and Bengals fans wrote letters to the paper and bitched to the network, etc.. Now the Bengals are good and the Browns are terrible, so the Bengals are always on, and Browns fans write letters to the paper and bitch to the network, etc.

I don't know the nature of the Tallahasse market, so I won't pretend I do, but I would imagine if the network believed the Dolphins game would be higher rated, it would be on. Of course, here there's the occassional one team on FOX, one team on CBS days so our network has measurable numbers on ratings, doesn't sound like that's the case there.

It's the nature of the beast when you're in between markets. You're just going to have to head to your local establishment that has Sunday Ticket and shows multiple games. Not much else you can do.

That's just it....Tallahassee is a college town, and about 85% of it students are from South Florida. Not just that, but this is the Patriots versus the Dolphins.

I'm still confused why the NFL Distribution map shows the game being within the Tally market, yet Comcast doesn't show it.

Either way, I have 'other' options as to seeing the game--just the quality isn't as good as TV :)

That's just it....Tallahassee is a college town, and about 85% of it students are from South Florida. Not just that, but this is the Patriots versus the Dolphins.

I'm still confused why the NFL Distribution map shows the game being within the Tally market, yet Comcast doesn't show it.

Either way, I have 'other' options as to seeing the game--just the quality isn't as good as TV :)

again unless comcast owns your local cbs affiliate its not their call.

again unless comcast owns your local cbs affiliate its not their call.

It's just extremely frustrating. All these South Floridians in Tally, the prime age of sports fans, and they don't factor that in to the tv schedule. Same with the Miami Heat. We don't get any Heat games on Sun Sports beacuse Tally is in the Orlando market??????? THere is like....NO Orlando fans in Tally whatsoever.

I'm also at FSU, but I don't care about missing the Dolphins play on TV. It's not like they're winning. I watched them play a game last weekend, and they looked like garbage.

Now that's a fan!

I used to be a Dolphins fan, but their horrible management moves have now pretty much chased me away from being a fan anymore.

So its a team with a losing record vs a .500 team?

The jaguars are closer to Tallahasse and they are actually winning, why wouldnt they show them?