Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pavano wants out of NYC

Featured Replies

The Yankees best prospect and MVP both play 3B and statiscally, Giambi is a better hitter when he plays 1B. Making Lowell a $8 million bench warmer. I just don't see that happening.

I don't particularly want him back.

 

He didn't want to be here before, why would he now? And why would we want him back?

 

*holds grudge*

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

 

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...

love to have him back, i dont hold any grudges cause 9 out of 10 players go were the money is. I know i would..........

If Pierre has to go, and if they're willing to take Lowell's money and pay some of Pavano's, I'd welcome him back.

 

It means Vargas or Johnson or Olsen can be used to strengthen the team elsewhere through trade if necessary, but doubtful.

Marlins get: Pavano, Patterson + Yankee cash

 

Yankees get: Delgado (put Giambi at DH)

 

Cubs get: Pierre, 1 or 2 Yankee top prospects.

 

 

 

Marlins get rid of their biggest financial burden, but don't really show a lack of competitiveness...Patterson gives the team pop in place of Delgado (not as much, but still), and Marlins get Yankee cash.

 

Yankees get another big bopper.

 

Cubs get their guy and Yankee spects.

The Yankees best prospect and MVP both play 3B and statiscally, Giambi is a better hitter when he plays 1B. Making Lowell a $8 million bench warmer. I just don't see that happening.

 

Lowell can play 2B :lol .

The Yankees best prospect and MVP both play 3B and statiscally, Giambi is a better hitter when he plays 1B. Making Lowell a $8 million bench warmer. I just don't see that happening.

 

 

Actually Eric Duncan performed poor defensively at 3B, and was being blocked at 3B by AROD, so I believe he was switched to 1B as an in house option.

The Yankees best prospect and MVP both play 3B and statiscally, Giambi is a better hitter when he plays 1B. Making Lowell a $8 million bench warmer. I just don't see that happening.

 

 

Yes, but he'd represent a contract that expires in 2 seasons, not 3 like Pavano's, and he'd allow for the Yankees to have a utility corner infielder. Plus, the Yankees were interested in Lowell as a first-baseman, and they're looking for a defense first first-baseman to pair with Giambi.

 

Yeah, it's a long shot, but it's not that crazy.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

 

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...

 

And look where it got him.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

 

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...

 

And look where it got him.

 

Sickeningly rich.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...And look where it got him.Sickeningly rich.And disgustingly unhappy.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...And look where it got him.Sickeningly rich.And disgustingly unhappy.

Yeah, baseball wise...but his family is now set up for life...that's security we all wish we had...he wont ever look back on that.

 

Its always easy to sit back and ridicule someone for taking a huge pay raise and a chance to play for the best sports franchise in the world, when the simple fact is that...we'd all do it in a heartbeat as well.

Not ridiculing, just echoing a personal belief.....money doesn't buy happiness.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...And look where it got him.Sickeningly rich.And disgustingly unhappy.

Yeah, baseball wise...but his family is now set up for life...that's security we all wish we had...he wont ever look back on that.

 

Its always easy to sit back and ridicule someone for taking a huge pay raise and a chance to play for the best sports franchise in the world, when the simple fact is that...we'd all do it in a heartbeat as well.

 

Yeah, but if you're going to fulfill a "life-long dream" as Pavano kept saying last off-season, at least be a man about it for more than one go around.

 

In many ways, this makes Pavano more detestable...because it's pretty much an admission that he was pushing pure BS last offseason when he said that he was fulfilling a dream by playing for his boyhood team.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...And look where it got him.Sickeningly rich.And disgustingly unhappy.

Yeah, baseball wise...but his family is now set up for life...that's security we all wish we had...he wont ever look back on that.

 

Its always easy to sit back and ridicule someone for taking a huge pay raise and a chance to play for the best sports franchise in the world, when the simple fact is that...we'd all do it in a heartbeat as well.

 

Yeah, but if you're going to fulfill a "life-long dream" as Pavano kept saying last off-season, at least be a man about it for more than one go around.

 

In many ways, this makes Pavano more detestable...because it's pretty much an admission that he was pushing pure BS last offseason when he said that he was fulfilling a dream by playing for his boyhood team.

Why do you so easily accept this article as verbatim, when other articles that state that Delgado will be traded...you tout them as heresy?

We should at least explore the possibility with NY. We need a 3rd starter....just need to get him at a good price. If trading away Pierre will get Pavano at a reduced rate, then we should do it.

Why do you so easily accept this article as verbatim, when other articles that state that Delgado will be traded...you tout them as heresy?

 

 

Touche.

 

Just, given the off-field ramifications of both, and using some deductive reasoning, this figures to be more probable. Honestly, I think both players stay put, but that's just because one contract (or both) figure to be immovable, and in the case of Delgado, it spells, in many ways, the end of the Marlins.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.