Pavano wants out of NYC

Fishfan79

The Yankees best prospect and MVP both play 3B and statiscally, Giambi is a better hitter when he plays 1B. Making Lowell a $8 million bench warmer. I just don't see that happening.

Marlins get: Pavano, Patterson + Yankee cash

Yankees get: Delgado (put Giambi at DH)

Cubs get: Pierre, 1 or 2 Yankee top prospects.

Marlins get rid of their biggest financial burden, but don't really show a lack of competitiveness...Patterson gives the team pop in place of Delgado (not as much, but still), and Marlins get Yankee cash.

Yankees get another big bopper.

Cubs get their guy and Yankee spects.

The Yankees best prospect and MVP both play 3B and statiscally, Giambi is a better hitter when he plays 1B. Making Lowell a $8 million bench warmer. I just don't see that happening.

Actually Eric Duncan performed poor defensively at 3B, and was being blocked at 3B by AROD, so I believe he was switched to 1B as an in house option.

Yes, but he'd represent a contract that expires in 2 seasons, not 3 like Pavano's, and he'd allow for the Yankees to have a utility corner infielder. Plus, the Yankees were interested in Lowell as a first-baseman, and they're looking for a defense first first-baseman to pair with Giambi.

Yeah, it's a long shot, but it's not that crazy.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...

And look where it got him.

I don't want him back either, I was very unhappy last year when he left to get more money from the Yankees, even though we were the ones who saved his career.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...And look where it got him.Sickeningly rich.And disgustingly unhappy.

Yeah, god forbid a guy look to get a tremendous raise when he could...And look where it got him.Sickeningly rich.And disgustingly unhappy.

Yeah, baseball wise...but his family is now set up for life...that's security we all wish we had...he wont ever look back on that.

Its always easy to sit back and ridicule someone for taking a huge pay raise and a chance to play for the best sports franchise in the world, when the simple fact is that...we'd all do it in a heartbeat as well.

Yeah, baseball wise...but his family is now set up for life...that's security we all wish we had...he wont ever look back on that.

Its always easy to sit back and ridicule someone for taking a huge pay raise and a chance to play for the best sports franchise in the world, when the simple fact is that...we'd all do it in a heartbeat as well.

Yeah, but if you're going to fulfill a "life-long dream" as Pavano kept saying last off-season, at least be a man about it for more than one go around.

In many ways, this makes Pavano more detestable...because it's pretty much an admission that he was pushing pure BS last offseason when he said that he was fulfilling a dream by playing for his boyhood team.

Yeah, but if you're going to fulfill a "life-long dream" as Pavano kept saying last off-season, at least be a man about it for more than one go around.

In many ways, this makes Pavano more detestable...because it's pretty much an admission that he was pushing pure BS last offseason when he said that he was fulfilling a dream by playing for his boyhood team.

Why do you so easily accept this article as verbatim, when other articles that state that Delgado will be traded...you tout them as heresy?

Why do you so easily accept this article as verbatim, when other articles that state that Delgado will be traded...you tout them as heresy?

Touche.

Just, given the off-field ramifications of both, and using some deductive reasoning, this figures to be more probable. Honestly, I think both players stay put, but that's just because one contract (or both) figure to be immovable, and in the case of Delgado, it spells, in many ways, the end of the Marlins.