'Alias' Joins 'Lost' Temporarily

EndLine

"Alias" has never enjoyed better ratings than it did last season, when it followed "Lost" in ABC's Wednesday lineup. The network will re-create that pairing for a couple of weeks next month. Unfortunately for "Alias," in at least one of those weeks "Lost" will be a repeat, meaning it won't get the benefit of a huge lead-in.

The temporary schedule switch will happen Dec. 7 and 14, with "Alias" taking the place of "Invasion," which was set for a run of repeats, at 10 p.m. ET both nights. "Lost" is scheduled to air a rerun on the 7th; ABC hasn't announced whether the Dec. 14 episode will be new or old.

Just what will replace "Alias" on Thursday, Dec. 8 hasn't been finalized. The following week, ABC will air the movie "The Santa Clause" at 8 p.m. ET.

ABC's attempt to gain a stronger Thursday-night foothold by moving "Alias" there this fall hasn't yielded very strong results. After an okay start, the show has faded some in the Nielsens and is averaging only about 7 million viewers per week. It's also struggling in the key adults 18-49 demographic, sometimes finishing as low as fifth out of six networks in its time period.

Its lead-out, "Night Stalker," fared even worse and has been cancelled after six episodes.

if LOST does 2 weeks of reruns again, I'll kill myself.

You can always get someone to knock you out and go into a coma for two weeks... :whistle

Might as well dub it the JJ Abrams' block.

Might as well call every day of the week Bruckheimerday...

Mondays:

CSI: Miami

Tuesdays:

The Amazing Race

Wednesday:

CSI: NY

Thursday:

CSI

Without A Trace

Fridays:

Close To Home

Saturdays:

CSI reruns

Sundays:

Cold Case

...same show... different names :plain

I'd say you have about 3-4 weeks left to live.

Seriously, the series will survive, of course...but having 4 repeats within the first 9 episodes is rediculous

Just means less repeats later on.

24 used to take 6-week breaks in the middle of the season. Talk about ridicuous.

Ew. Ah well, I'm getting the 1st season, so I'll just watch my own damn repeats :)

Seriously, the series will survive, of course...but having 4 repeats within the first 9 episodes is rediculous

How? ABC is sucking wind...this is a hard show to just come in and watch...re-runs are imperative to gaining new fans. The original fans`will always be here but this allows them to gain new ones.

How? ABC is sucking wind...this is a hard show to just come in and watch...re-runs are imperative to gaining new fans. The original fans`will always be here but this allows them to gain new ones.

Ok, at least give me a valid excuse. Showing one or two repeats will not clue people in on the story. Reruns are just filler--you don't honestly believe there is a purpose to them, do you?