Best Buy/XBox 360 Locator

Passion

http://xbox.clambert.org/

Helpful for those of you trying to get one tommorrow.

There are 34 premium systems and 12 core systems at the Best Buy in College Station

There were already 5 people camping out at the local best buy here. :plain

My friend did an ebay bid to fly to the location of the winner, stay outside the local xbox retailer for 24 hours, and then hand deliver the system.

The winning bid was 2000 dollars. Basically, he made over a grand just to sit and wait.

I think it's absurd that they are at such a shortage. I understand that they wanted to beat PS3 and Revolution to the market, but this will result in chaos.

There are 34 premium systems and 12 core systems at the Best Buy in College Station

My friend did an ebay bid to fly to the location of the winner, stay outside the local xbox retailer for 24 hours, and then hand deliver the system.

The winning bid was 2000 dollars. Basically, he made over a grand just to sit and wait.

I think it's absurd that they are at such a shortage. I understand that they wanted to beat PS3 and Revolution to the market, but this will result in chaos.

Yeah...it didnt work for the PS2.

:plain

Yeah...it didnt work for the PS2.

:plain

I never said it wouldn't work. I said it'll be chaos tomorrow. And it will

Boca has 112, 110 in Sunrise.

I still havn't decided if I'm going to get an XBox 360 for Christmas (I would have to go buy tomorrow if I do).

What time does Best Buy open? Do they have preorders to fill?

It doesn't matter waht time Best Buy opens. If you really want a system, go at around 12 or 1am and just wait....take a board game, bring some friends...

It's only because Microsoft is doing a worldwide release. They should've done a North America/Western Europe only release.

Boca has 112, 110 in Sunrise.

I still havn't decided if I'm going to get an XBox 360 for Christmas (I would have to go buy tomorrow if I do).

What time does Best Buy open? Do they have preorders to fill?

9 AM here, no pre orders or vouchers...straight first come first serve.

except that the shortage is probably done purposely by microsoft.

its classic video game business.

have low supply/ high demand

sell for the higher prices with fewer units on the market, increase public desire due to shortages, you rake in the $$$$

its how they roll, simple as that.

Everywhere they sell the 360 by itself, it's $300 or $400 depending on which version you get. The huge prices you see are when people put them on eBay and MicroSoft certainly isn't getting a cut of that money. They probably have low supply to generate more interest though.

I bet there will be stories of riots.

And what about games. Is there a shortage as well, or are there a sufficient amount?

I had no problem getting the two I wanted, although tommorrow and this coming week may be harder.

Two what?

And get that BoBeckett off your av!

I bet there will be stories of riots.

And what about games. Is there a shortage as well, or are there a sufficient amount?

I had no problem getting the two I wanted, although tommorrow and this coming week may be harder.

Two what?

And get that BoBeckett off your av!

The two games I wanted.

And get my crotch out of your mind and dreams! :mischief

its classic video game business.

have low supply/ high demand

sell for the higher prices with fewer units on the market, increase public desire due to shortages, you rake in the $$$$

its how they roll, simple as that.

Everywhere they sell the 360 by itself, it's $300 or $400 depending on which version you get. The huge prices you see are when people put them on eBay and MicroSoft certainly isn't getting a cut of that money. They probably have low supply to generate more interest though.

exactly, its not necessarily about them making money up front, just getting the public thinking that they must get one of these machines because everyone is getting them and they are constantly running out, thus they cant keep them on the shelves due to their immense popularity.

Why even bother? This console is going to be obsolete in 6 months, when PS3 comes out and blows the doors off this sucker. The deathstroke will come next year when Nintendo Revolution comes out and buries the 360.

*waiting for PS2 prices to drop to $50 so I can play all those Final Fantasy titles I've missed*