Bookmark this...

MiRi

Well, I've been linking this specific forum as the war room for all the operation, so until we move on to the independent site mk is going to create it's a nice start.

I am so happy! As of right now, we have 90 people signed up in the My Space group. I only created this thing yesterday. People are joining quickly. I am loving this. The more the merrier. Keep spreading the word to your friends.

I know. I keep checking every once in awhile to see how many people signed up. I really hope that we could some how get Niner involved with this. He really wants a stadium down here.

Holly, that would be amazing. I would love for Jeff to be involved. I wonder if he'd get in trouble though.

I dont think he would because he is just like every other Marlin fan :thumbup The only problem is getting in touch with him. :shrugs

Yea, but he's an employee. I doubt he can really get involved too much or at all. But still, it would be nice for him to be aware of the campaign.

I don't see why he can't. He lives here, he plays for the local ball club, he owns a restaurant here. If anything Niner will have retired by the time this gets a little more heated.

just thinking aloud here--

imo, the flyers should just have the URL for the campaign website and nothing else.

that way, we can update the website with what we want people to do as our objectives change. realistically, we want people who see the flyer to stick with us and do something more than just writing to mayor alvarez. later on, a listserv can help people stick with us, but we're not there yet.

on the main page, we could put a link to a secondary page on the site that has contact info for politicians. we can do the same with the phone numbers for radio stations, and we can put links to email the different south florida newspapers. let us know if you want any of us to compile any of this stuff for you, mir--i'd be happy to.

also, someone ought to email gary@kirksjerks.com and ask him if we could work together. he owns www.savethemarlins.com, and, by his own admission, he doesn't exactly know how to go about "saving" the team. having access to an easy-to-remember domain name is huge; since we all have the same objective here, i'll bet we could work with him.

if that doesn't work, one of us could pick up another domain e.g. savethefloridamarlins.com or savethemarlins.net/org/us/etc.

just thinking aloud here--

imo, the flyers should just have the URL for the campaign website and nothing else.

that way, we can update the website with what we want people to do as our objectives change. realistically, we want people who see the flyer to stick with us and do something more than just writing to mayor alvarez. later on, a listserv can help people stick with us, but we're not there yet.

on the main page, we could put a link to a secondary page on the site that has contact info for politicians. we can do the same with the phone numbers for radio stations, and we can put links to email the different south florida newspapers. let us know if you want any of us to compile any of this stuff for you, mir--i'd be happy to.

also, someone ought to email gary@kirksjerks.com and ask him if we could work together. he owns www.savethemarlins.com, and, by his own admission, he doesn't exactly know how to go about "saving" the team. having access to an easy-to-remember domain name is huge; since we all have the same objective here, i'll bet we could work with him.

if that doesn't work, one of us could pick up another domain e.g. savethefloridamarlins.com or savethemarlins.net/org/us/etc.

I'm with you, great info as well

I was thinking we should put... "Want to Help" and some e-mail address or something like that on the bottom of the flyer so people can get in touch with us if they want to help. Then we can email them the link to this site.

I was looking on the Save the Marlins group members and there is an Expos fan on there :) Nice to see some other fans from different teams.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.