What will happen to our world series titles

tealmarlin

Of course they'll want to take the titles, they'll say they belong to the organization. But if they want to leave the Florida Marlins behind they should leave the Florida Marlins' titles behind as well.

Will they just go out the window, or will the marlins carry those world series titles with them?? And still hold the credit.

You can't be serious :rolleyes: .

Yes, our World Series titles will just be erased from the record books and it will be as if the 1997 and 2003 seasons never happened.

Guest Moneyball

I'm pretty sure the Nats, A's and Twins don't have retired numbers and/or titles displayed at their respective stadiums.

The Nats for example have the year the original Nats (AL team) were established and not 1969, the first year of the Expos.

Baseball records are just that Records. The SF Giants haven't won a world series but can still count their NY predecessors titles as part of their teams history. Same with the Dodgers. Previous teams have relocated but have usually kept their team name but, few have been as successful as the Marlins have been.

if the Marlins move, they won't keep the name Marlins.

Giants and Dodgers did

I'm pretty sure the Nats, A's and Twins don't have retired numbers and/or titles displayed at their respective stadiums.

The Nats for example have the year the original Nats (AL team) were established and not 1969, the first year of the Expos.

The Twins dont recognize their years as the Senators. However they do recognize those records on their official team page and recognize the results of each year.

The Athletics fully recognize their history in Philadelphia and Kansas City.

The Nationals also fully recognize their history as the Expos on their official page.

The Giants and Dodgers I know fully kept their history.

I would expect the Marlins to do the same if it came to that.