Fins

Lefty

2 games out of the division. Yes, they would almost certainly lose a tiebreaker...and yes, they would have to go at least 4-1....BUT, there is always hope when you get to play against the teams in front of you.

Miami plays Buffalo next week, and then New England the final game of the season. Because I think a tiebreak would go to the Pats (although Miami still have 3 division games left), Miami needs to gain 3 games on New England.

IF they somehow won out, they'd be 9-7. With NE currently at 6-5, the Pats would only have to go 2-3 (feasible). More likely, the scenario would have to be Miami finishing 4-1 with an 8-8 record. New England would then have to go 1-4, which is much less likely. New England STILL has 4 games left within the division. IF they somehow went 1-3, they'd finish 3-3. If MIami wins their last 3, they'd also be 3-3. They play the lowly Jets twice (NE), but one of them is a Monday night game in New York (never easy).

The other games are against Miami, Buffalo and Tampa (all possible losses).

SO, let's say New England and Miami have the same record, same divisional record, I believe the next tiebreaker is AFC record. New England is only 4-4 vs the AFC. Miami is 2-5 (only a one loss difference). If New England does lose against the Jets once, the Bills and Fins, that puts them at 5-7. If Miami takes care of business and beats the Jets, Bills and Pats, they still have two tough games vs Tennessee and San Diego. However, assuming Miami comes back to tie the division over hte next 3 or 4 weeks, that Tennessee game is 2nd to last, AT home. Feasible.

Ya, there is a lot of hoping and wishing here. Yes, the Fins should be in first place right now (two close games vs ATL and NE), but there is still a chance. They beat Denver, came close against two good teams (NE and ATL). They can obviously hang with the big boys, we'll just have to see how much they want it.

yo i have mad hope that they can do this......

the next 5 games they only game that i dont think we can win is the sd game in sd....... but if this team wants to make the playoffs and is legit and 4 real as me and many other deluionial fans think....... than we have to go in sd and take care biz....... if we lose than we are clearly not a playoff team....

i we have to win out..... and 4 outta the next 5 are winnable games.. not to mention we have 3 outa the next 5 at home the last game at ne and the sd game......

ay, this late in the season if you told me the phinz still had a chance ill take it..........

its blessing that the afc east is so bad......

The Dolphins have no realistic chance at the playoffs. They're not good, so to expect them to go 4-1 (which almost certainly wouldn't be enough) is kind of nuts.

They should have beaten NE and ATL...two of the premiere teams in the NFL.

If Frerotte doesn't throw an INT in ATL, we're going to overtime. If Chambers catches that 4th down TD, game over.

This team could very well be 6-5 right now. easily.

And that Browns loss was just despicable. THey gave up, obviously.

The Dolphins have no realistic chance at the playoffs. They're not good, so to expect them to go 4-1 (which almost certainly wouldn't be enough) is kind of nuts.

If Frerotte doesn't throw an INT in ATL, we're going to overtime. If Chambers catches that 4th down TD, game over.

They should've beaten NE, yes. They were lucky to even be in the game against ATL...we got our asses wiped all over the field in that one. If you want to play the shoulda game, we probably shoulda lost to Carolina. I took a dumbass throw by Delhomme to give us that win.

The Dolphins are not good. Yes, they could be 6-5, or even 7-4, if you want to throw the Buffalo game in. That still wouldn't make them good. They'd just be lucky. Either way, the only chance they have at the playoffs is to go 5-0 and hope New England loses 2 games against either the Jets, Buffalo, or TB. This is beyond far-fetched.

If the Patriots are one of the premier teams in the NFL, then there's no way they lose to the Jets, Fins, or Bills, and this whole proposition is essentially moot.

I find it hard to call the Falcons one of the premier teams in the NFL when they've lost a home game to Green Bay and barely beat the Jets at home and the Bills on the road.

The Dolphins could be 6-5, sure, but you can play that woulda coulda shoulda game with just about every team in the NFL.

The Dolphins aren't a good team this year, but I'm willing to bet they'll be a real contender in the division next year after Saban has another year to transform the roster.

The Dolphins are one quarterback and two cornerbacks away from a Super Bowl.

They have one of the best run attacks in the NFL, their receivers just need a good QB, the O LINE has been good this year, the d line is obviously studly, and our special teams are great (welker is a top returner, mare is always a top kicker, and jones has turned out to be a great punter

Miami has the following needs.

DT (NT not undertackles we have plenty of those)

CB adding poole and daniels

FS (Shulters is good for SS, we need a FS to go with him)

C McKinney is still terrible.

OT I would like a Tackle to move Carey inside, he was better inside in college and I think he could turn into a special guard in the long run.

WR We dont got a number 1 really

QB Cutler next year I hope.

Miami has the following needs.

DT (NT not undertackles we have plenty of those)

CB adding poole and daniels

FS (Shulters is good for SS, we need a FS to go with him)

C McKinney is still terrible.

OT I would like a Tackle to move Carey inside, he was better inside in college and I think he could turn into a special guard in the long run.

WR We dont got a number 1 really

QB Cutler next year I hope.

Rex can play center and Carey can slide into right guard.

I really do think we're a QB away from being a legitimate playoff contender, but I think it's going to take a lot more than one QB and two CBs to make us a Super Bowl team. A LOT more.

Agreed, but stupider things have happened.

could be 7-4 if you include the ronnie brown fumble in the buf game at 2 yard line.........

and as for ATL losing to gb.. look at the packers season everygame they have lost has been a close game........

i belive that if javon walker didnt get hurt or green there right up there with the bears and viks maybe better.......