NCAA Championship Saturday thread sponsored by U-Haul

wanks1212

Looking forward to the USC-UCLA and LSU-Georgia game.

I'm torn on the USC game. I'd like to see an upset just to see the BCS get f***** once again, but I don't want to see a PSU-Texas or LSU-Texas Rose Bowl, mostly because USC-Texas is the best potential matchup.

Of course, that's assuming Texas gets past Colorado, which I expect to happen, even though Colorado has started out nicely.

The only interesting thing about the ACC title game is whether or not FSU covers at +14.5.

And of course, there's the always fun to watch Army-Navy game.

USC and Texas would be an amazing game. Or at least the build up to it would be amazing. I could definitely see the game ending in a blowout, one way or the other.

On the other hand, I think it would be kind of fun to have Penn State playing for a national championship. They'd be everyone's sentimental favorites.

So, I could go for either USC-Texas or USC-Penn State. Nothing against Texas, but USC has more of that Goliath feel to them, which would really add to a Penn State matchup.

USC and Texas would be an amazing game. Or at least the build up to it would be amazing. I could definitely see the game ending in a blowout, one way or the other.

On the other hand, I think it would be kind of fun to have Penn State playing for a national championship. They'd be everyone's sentimental favorites.

So, I could go for either USC-Texas or USC-Penn State. Nothing against Texas, but USC has more of that Goliath feel to them, which would really add to a Penn State matchup.

Interesting you feel that way since most analysts are picking Texas to kill USC. USC, if anything else, has a "goliath" offense. Their defense sucks and it's their achilles heel. It comes down to if Vince Young and company can keep up with Leinart and Bush.

Penn State wouldn't stand a chance against either one, in my opinion.

Interesting you feel that way since most analysts are picking Texas to kill USC. USC, if anything else, has a "goliath" offense. Their defense sucks and it's their achilles heel. It comes down to if Vince Young and company can keep up with Leinart and Bush.

Well, one team hasn't lost since 2003 or so and the other has. I don't necessarily think USC is better than Texas; I just think they're scarier.

I haven't seen any analysts picking Texas to kill USC. I'd be curious to see your collection of analysts' picks on the as-of-yet non-existent matchup between USC and Texas. If you just mean talking heads on TV, that doesn't count for much with me. Picks need to be in writing.

If pressed to pick, I would side with USC against Texas, and I do think USC will be favored (especially since the Rose Bowl is kind of a home game for them).

Well, one team hasn't lost since 2003 or so and the other has. I don't necessarily think USC is better than Texas; I just think they're scarier.

I haven't seen any analysts picking Texas to kill USC. I'd be curious to see your collection of analysts' picks on the as-of-yet non-existent matchup between USC and Texas. If you just mean talking heads on TV, that doesn't count for much with me. Picks need to be in writing.

If pressed to pick, I would side with USC against Texas, and I do think USC will be favored (especially since the Rose Bowl is kind of a home game for them).

Meh, I was going with the ESPN radio crew mostly. Cowherd said if they USC plays Texas then Texas will come out on top, so did Golic and Greenberg. The kill thing might be my interpretation but they made it sound like if USC faces a team with an offense and a defense capapble of stopping them it's game over.

Non-existent of not, it's happening. Obviously you haven't seen a lick of the Texas/Colorado game, have you?

Texas is dominating this game. I expect USC to have a much tougher time with UCLA, though I still think they'll come out on top (a lot like last year).

In a Texas-USC matchup, I'd hope USC was favored. Personally I think around 4 points would be fair. Anything less than 3 and I'd jump all over USC, especially if they're getting points.

Meh, I was going with the ESPN radio crew mostly. Cowherd said if they USC plays Texas then Texas will come out on top, so did Golic and Greenberg. The kill thing might be my interpretation but they made it sound like if USC faces a team with an offense and a defense capapble of stopping them it's game over.

Non-existent of not, it's happening. Obviously you haven't seen a lick of the Texas/Colorado game, have you?

Texas hasn't played a real team since Ohio State, and they almost lost that one. Of course, that game was eons ago, and no doubt Texas has improved. To me, that's the real wild card in this matchup. Who knows what will happen when Texas gets seriously challenged?

Lake Mary High School alum Reggie Campbell just housed a 54 yard TD run. He's not even the best Lake Mary alum that will be on TV today.

No, not at all.

I expect USC to have a much tougher time with UCLA, though I still think they'll come out on top (a lot like last year).

:plain

Texas-USC should be a hell of a shootout if today (and, well, the entire season so far) is any indication, though I expect both defenses to step up somewhat.

LSU down 21-7 at the half to Georgia. We'll see if JaMarcus has a comeback in him.

Va Tech just has no answer for Florida speed. What a disgustingly overrated team.

FSU in the BCS if they pull this out. What a joke! haha!

Yeah, it's funny because after the Michigan game I said I wanted none of Notre Dame and I was all for Virginia Tech. However, the more I've seen them play since, the more I've been unimpressed. I'm all for Notre Dame/tOSU Fiesta Bowl.