AJ

Lefty

And what he said is 100% true.

Let's break the quote down.

Im glad Im not down there - Yes, a 55 million dollar contract and not going through a firesale is correct.

Fire sales are tough - Does anyone want to argue that point?

They better teach Dontrelle Willis how to play 9 positions. - Comedy in an interview and something that has been said sarcasticly throughout this forum.

Im glad Im not down there - Yes, a 55 million dollar contract and not going through a firesale is correct.

They better teach Dontrelle Willis how to play 9 positions. - Comedy in an interview and something that has been said sarcasticly throughout this forum.

I mean, that's if you take his words in a literal sense.

In a literal sense, he is correct.

In a realistic sense, he is a douche bag.

I mean, that's if you take his words in a literal sense.

In a literal sense, he is correct.

In a realistic sense, he is a douche bag.

:lol

Yea, Dontrelle, like a modern day Babe Ruth playing all nine positions, I can see that happening, as for AJ, let him speak his mind, he just got a 55 million dollar contract with a team that will always be in thrid place behind the Redsox and Yankees! Atleast we are rebuilding with a chance for 2008-2009, maybe even this year!

Yea, Dontrelle, like a modern day Babe Ruth playing all nine positions, I can see that happening, as for AJ, let him speak his mind, he just got a 55 million dollar contract with a team that will always be in thrid place behind the Redsox and Yankees! Atleast we are rebuilding with a chance for 2008-2009, maybe even this year!

A very shortsighted decision on A.J.'s part signing with the Jays, I believe (but not unexpected considering who we are talking about here). I expect his career win-loss record to remain below .500 throughout his tenure on the Jays. Not to mention he will tack some points onto his ERA. If he had taken the deal offered by the Cardinals he could have improved at least the former category and increased his value when his contract winded down.

"I'm glad I'm not down there any more," Burnett said. "Fire sales are always tough. You feel for a lot of players because you have relationships with them. I'll always be grateful to that organization because they gave me a chance."

From the Sun Sentinel

Ha, Sportscenter definintely didn't have that portion.