More info on the kids

Fishfan79

pretty interesting article. According to them we did good on the loduca trade and pierre trade was solid also.

http://baseballanalysts.com/archives/2005/...ter_meeting.php

they think this is our top 10

1. Jeremy Hermida

2. Scott Olsen

3. Yusmeiro Petit

4. Hanley Ramirez

5. Anibal Sanchez

6. Gaby Hernandez

7. Chris Volstad

8. Travis Bowyer

9. Josh Johnson

10. Mike Jacobs

pretty interesting article. According to them we did good on the loduca trade and pierre trade was solid also.

http://baseballanalysts.com/archives/2005/...ter_meeting.php

they think this is our top 10

1. Jeremy Hermida

2. Scott Olsen

3. Yusmeiro Petit

4. Hanley Ramirez

5. Anibal Sanchez

6. Gaby Hernandez

7. Chris Volstad

8. Travis Bowyer

9. Josh Johnson

10. Mike Jacobs

Jason Stokes, we hardly knew ye...

I say give Jacobs a spare bit of time with Girardi, and we can make room for Stokes in '07 maybe...

Who said Jacobs will be on the roster come ST?

The expectations have to be that we are in the 3rd inning of the offseason and there are still a lot of moves to be made before the roster is set. I wouldn't advise buying any Jacobs, Petit or Hanley Ramirez jerseys anytime soon.

I say give Jacobs a spare bit of time with Girardi, and we can make room for Stokes in '07 maybe...

Who said Jacobs will be on the roster come ST?

The expectations have to be that we are in the 3rd inning of the offseason and there are still a lot of moves to be made before the roster is set. I wouldn't advise buying any Jacobs, Petit or Hanley Ramirez jerseys anytime soon.

They'll all be on the opening day roster. Petit may be in AA/AAA but the only way he goes anywhere is for a very high ranked prospect.

Uh, Rocky--I hate to disagree, but I am 100 percent sure that you're wrong. Jacobs is a definite lock for starting 1B. We don't have any others. Stokes isn't ready and not as good. Ramirez is our starting SS. I really don't see how you can deny that, unless something really really drastic occurs.

I know Petit isn't a sure thing--I didn't even mention him.

But Jacobs, he's going to be our #3 or #5 hitter.

Ramirez is our starting SS. I really don't see how you can deny that, unless something really really drastic occurs.

I dunno, I think it's 50/50 that he spends at least part of the year at AAA.

He's certainly not trade-bait though.

You think Andino fights for the position?

Ramirez is our starting SS. I really don't see how you can deny that, unless something really really drastic occurs.

Nope. Ramirez is way more talented than Andino. It's not even close.

I don't understand why they rank Jacobs so low, especially after how much success he had in the majors last year.

I'm surprised that they also didn't put any of the three pitchers we received from the Cubs for Pierre in our Top 10. Nolasco likely belongs there.

I don't understand why they rank Jacobs so low, especially after how much success he had in the majors last year.

I'm surprised that they also didn't put any of the three pitchers we received from the Cubs for Pierre in our Top 10. Nolasco likely belongs there.

I'm a big fan of starting pitching outweighing relief pitching, so I'm in agreement about Nolasco. But Mitre isn't a prospect anymore, and while Pinto has potential, he wouldn't break the top 10 in almost any organization, let alone the now-most-stacked organization in the nation.

I would hope the Marlins go out and spend $5+/- million and shore up their infield for at least a season.

Perhaps I'll be disappointed in the end but I think that's exactly what they're going to do.

We've already drafted Uggla, so I think there are signs we'll go after one or two other infielders. Having said that, I wouldn't be averse to starting Han Ram if he has a good spring.

Keep your eye on Petit, I think he might make the jump.

Me too. His performance in the Venezuelan Winter League shows he's either ready or on the cusp of being ready for the big leagues.

I'm a big fan of starting pitching outweighing relief pitching, so I'm in agreement about Nolasco. But Mitre isn't a prospect anymore, and while Pinto has potential, he wouldn't break the top 10 in almost any organization, let alone the now-most-stacked organization in the nation.

You are quite wrong about Pinto. Baseball America has him as the Cubs 11-12 best prospect in their organiation which isn't bad. Pinto would make the top 10 in alot of organizations like - Washington, Mets, Cardinals, Reds, Royals, White Sox, Padres, Giants, Yankee's, Phillies, Pirates and maybe Texas, Rockies, Astros, Tigers.