Antoine Walker

Shaq-Man

19 games into the season, Antoine Walker has taken as many shots (242) as he has scored points (245).

Considering that this basically describes Antoine's career in a nutshell, what exactly is he good at? Why exactly is he regarded as a "star" caliber player? Defense?

Is there any question as to why the Heat is as mediocre as it is without Shaq?

If 'toine is getting anywhere near his 30.1 minutes per game when Shaq comes back, I swear to God, I'm going to go ape.

He missed about 5 fast break layups, and then tried a couple twinkle toe steps that failed miserably. He throws the ball from his hip sometimes, and that stupid tippie toe running game doesn't work.

If you take Toine out of that game yesterday, Heat win. They were within 7 with 2+ minutes left, EVEN with Toine's horrid game.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with Antoine at this point. What on earth he's thinking when he takes some of those shots is beyond me. There are times when you can just tell he's going to shoot no matter what the hell happens, no matter where he ends up on the court. It must be in his body language or something, cause you can just tell...he just bears down and chucks the ball up from somewhere, when you were thinking to yourself 5 seconds ago, "please, God no, someone make him pass".

You have to wonder if he's ever watched himself on tape? What does he think to himself when he sees some of these shots he puts up?

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with Antoine at this point. What on earth he's thinking when he takes some of those shots is beyond me. There are times when you can just tell he's going to shoot no matter what the hell happens, no matter where he ends up on the court. It must be in his body language or something, cause you can just tell...he just bears down and chucks the ball up from somewhere, when you were thinking to yourself 5 seconds ago, "please, God no, someone make him pass".

You have to wonder if he's ever watched himself on tape? What does he think to himself when he sees some of these shots he puts up?

Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see him drive into the lane, I imagine Chris Berman's 'WHOOP'

Heh, no offense Heat fans...but who didn't see this coming?

I could have sworn I said this was going to happen when yall picked him up. Yet some tried to play the card that he would turn over another leaf.

:lol

He may still prove valuable when Shaq comes back. If it gets to the point, though, where they have to bench him for good, then I see no reason why they shouldn't do that.

It's become pretty clear that he's the weakest part of that trade for us. So far, I'm pretty pleased with JWill and Posey.

Heh, no offense Heat fans...but who didn't see this coming?

I could have sworn I said this was going to happen when yall picked him up. Yet some tried to play the card that he would turn over another leaf.

:lol

He may still prove valuable when Shaq comes back. If it gets to the point, though, where they have to bench him for good, then I see no reason why they shouldn't do that.

It's become pretty clear that he's the weakest part of that trade for us. So far, I'm pretty pleased with JWill and Posey.

I think I also said that provided he is healthy Posey would prove to be the best player in that trade ultimately also.

all i know is the man shot 7-12 last night....... but for anyone who watched the game with less than 30 seconds to play and the game tied at 92...

wade gets the ball they double team him than he passes the ball to Walker.......

Walker than has 2 men on em instead of passin the ball to an open wade...... Mr. Walker desides to he wants to be the hero and shoots it ova 2 nugget playaz...... and bricks......

and we lose........

i hate WALKER not just cuz this game but 4 all the reasons you guys have mentioned as well

• 3 weeks later...

His 3-point shooting percentage continues to drop....now he's at 33.1% for the season.

Needless to say, I was pleased to hear the boo-birds last night.

WALKER STRUGGLES

The Heat's victory Tuesday came despite a 2-of-10 shooting, four-turnover performance by forward Antoine Walker, who was booed rather loudly after his final missed shot, a three-pointer with 4:03 left in the game. And just to make sure Walker got the message, the fans cheered when Udonis Haslem came in to replace Walker.

''He's being measured, I think, too harshly,'' Riley said of Walker. ``I believe in him. He's a streak scorer with this team. He can get on a roll. He had a tough game tonight, but I think he did a lot of good things. He was on the floor when we went ahead.''

Walker didn't react to the boos during the game and wasn't critical of the fans after the game.

''That's life,'' Walker said. ``I can't really control that. I guess I'm just not one of the favorites.

``I just missed some shots; we're 29 games into the season. If people want to judge me on me making a shot, I'm going to be here until Riles decides to move me, so you're going to have to deal with me. But trying to boo me or stuff like that, that doesn't bother me.

``I played in Boston, so I've seen the worst.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/13498797.htm

I was at the game, and I wasn't comfortable with the booing, but what are you gonna do...

If a guy's trying hard, I'm not gonna boo him, and I don't see effort as Antoine's problem. I don't really have a problem with his shooting either. I think his shooting percentages will go up from where they are, and anyhow 33% from 3 is still decent.

My problem with him is that after 29 games I've come to the conclusion that he's stupid. He's like the anti-Wade in terms of court IQ. Wade always makes the right decision; sometimes it seems like Antoine just randomly decides to do something and then he's completely bullheaded about sticking to his plan. You can tell immediately when he's made the decision to try to score, even if he's 25 feet from the basket, and it doesn't matter how awkward the shot is going to be...he's going to shoot it. And there's nothing scarier then watching Antoine take the ball up the floor on a break because you know the ball is going to end up in the wrong hands.

If Antoine could cut out the awkward shots from his game, and get the ball more in other people's hands, I think he'd be an asset to this team. I think when people say Antoine needs to post up more, I'm starting to agree with them, because at least it would make sure the ball is in his hands only when he's in position to score. My guess, though, is that after however many years in the league, the stupidity is here to stay.

The worst part of Walker:

05-06: 7 million

06-07: 7.7 million

07-08: 8.5 million

08-09: 9.2 million

09-10-Team option that surely will be exercised

Im not sure what the Heat were thinking when they threw numbers like these at Twan. It really annoyed because guys like this always seem to get overpaid in the NBA. The possibility of a trade isnt out of the question however. I could see some team taking him on. Hopefully not the Magic.