Niner, why Baltimore?

Iowa

it is a safe bet that neither of them will win their division or come close to the wild card. The orioles have a better lineup in my opinion and their pitching while suspect does have some guys with experience. We have Willis and that is about it. I dont think it is reasonable to expect essentially 4 rookies (depending whether the Moleman is in the 5 man) to pitch like vets. This year is going to a rough learning experience for alot of our players

The biggest difference, in my opinion, is the vibe. South Florida, right now, has a very negative vibe in regards to baseball. He's close to retiring. You think he wants to be asked the entire season about the future of the Florida Marlins? No, he just wants to go out there and play and end his career on a positive note. I don't blame him one bit.

I almost shed a tear reading this morning's paper though, when he said in his heart, he'll always be a Florida Marlin...

Conine has done it all already at this point of his career he probably just wants to play in a city where he and his family will be comfortable. Besides as messed up as things are in Baltimore they are still in a much better position to be competitive than us

Conine said his 3 kids have experienced nothing but South Florida and he has too much going on down here to just pack up and leave.

Listen, I'm not saying we're going to win our division whatsoever. I'm just staying there is no way in hell Baltimore will even sniff their division title with Yankees and Boston.. and Toronto.. hence, we have just as good a shot, if not better, then them.

Conine has done it all already at this point of his career he probably just wants to play in a city where he and his family will be comfortable. Besides as messed up as things are in Baltimore they are still in a much better position to be competitive than us

Conine said his 3 kids have experienced nothing but South Florida and he has too much going on down here to just pack up and leave.

Planes, e-mail, faxes, text messages, conference calls, FTW.

We have a better chance of winning our division than they do theirs.

I disagree they have a one in a million chance , we have a one in 500 billion chance. Baltimore will win more games this year

Did you hear Miguel Tejada? The Orioles are horrible. Any team that gives Sidney Ponson two chances to be the ace of their staff is going nowhere fast.