Reggie Bush Wins The Heisman

Passion

He deserved it, he's a stud. I still think Leinart goes #1 though.

Naw.

Houston - Nope

NY Jets - Doubtful

Green Bay - Nope

San Fran - Nope

Reggie deserved the award. Pretty amazing performance this year. Even if I don't think he'll be a good pro*.

*Yeah, I went there

Reggie Bush = Gale Sayers Part Deux

At least that's what the mainstream media has been saying, if you want to buy that

If anything, I think Bush might have durability questions when he initially enters the pros and have a bunch of nagging injuries. After a year or two, though, he'll probably bulk up, these injuries will disappear, and he'll be a damn good RB

Oh, I agree with you - I'd take Bush #1, and deal /w durability later, though your Dunn example isn't the greatest.

Bush will make adjustments and in his time become one of the top backs in the NFL, IMO

Why is that...for a small back, Dunn has been pretty durable.

Additionally, for the guys talking about size....I dont remember Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith being much bigger than Reggie, if at all.

Oh, I agree with you - I'd take Bush #1, and deal /w durability later, though your Dunn example isn't the greatest.

Bush will make adjustments and in his time become one of the top backs in the NFL, IMO

Dunn's been durable, but I don't think many people would consider him a "great" back, which I think Bush will be. Dunn has been more above average than anything, and I don't know how many people ever thought he'd be a great back in the NFL, unlike Bush, who many "experts" are predicting to be The Next Big Thing.

I like Dunn - I'd sign him to a reasonable contract and be happy with it - but I wouldn't expect greatness out of him. Bush, on the other hand, I'd expect the world out of based on his college career, if that makes sense.

Dunn's been durable, but I don't think many people would consider him a "great" back, which I think Bush will be. Dunn has been more above average than anything, and I don't know how many people ever thought he'd be a great back in the NFL, unlike Bush, who many "experts" are predicting to be The Next Big Thing.

I like Dunn - I'd sign him to a reasonable contract and be happy with it - but I wouldn't expect greatness out of him. Bush, on the other hand, I'd expect the world out of based on his college career, if that makes sense.

Alot of people expected Dunn to be really good, he averaged like 7 yards a carry his senior year and was a great recieving threat out of the backfield. I lived in Tampa when he was drafted the buzz was crazy. Id say he has had a pretty solid career so far. 4 1,000 yard seasons and probably has his best years ahead of him in the next 3 years. I think comparing college Dunn to Bush per size and career is valid.

Alot of people expected Dunn to be really good, he averaged like 7 yards a carry his senior year and was a great recieving threat out of the backfield. I lived in Tampa when he was drafted the buzz was crazy. Id say he has had a pretty solid career so far. 4 1,000 yard seasons and probably has his best years ahead of him in the next 3 years. I think comparing college Dunn to Bush per size and career is valid.

Maybe, but Dunn wasn't considered to be a top 5 pick coming out of college, wheras right now Bush is the consensus #1.

I understand your viewpoint, I just disagree. The hype around the two seems totally different to me, though maybe that's because I didn't/don't live in Tally/Tampa or L.A./Houston at the time.

Maybe, but Dunn wasn't considered to be a top 5 pick coming out of college, wheras right now Bush is the consensus #1.

I understand your viewpoint, I just disagree. The hype around the two seems totally different to me, though maybe that's because I didn't/don't live in Tally/Tampa or L.A./Houston at the time.

I was not trying to compare Bush to Dunn skill wise. I obviously think Bush is a superior talent. All I was doing is showing an example of how small backs in the NFL have been durable in the past and the knock on Bush's size/durability is overrated.

IMO, Reggie Bush goes #1 because someone will trade up to get him if the first team doesn't want him that bad. He's one of those special talents that comes along maybe once every 5-10 years. I would say Michael Vick was that last player of this caliber to come out of college. In terms of sheer game-breaking athletic ability, these guys just operate on a different level than everyone else on the field. And some team will be willing to part with quite a lot in order to get him. Matt Leinart's a fine prospect, but he's not special like Bush is.

Bush may never be a 25 carry a game type back, but even if he just touches the ball 15-20 times a game and returns kicks, I think he'd still be a major game changer.

I hate to say it because he plays for usc and because i dont know i just dont like especially the push against nd...but the man deserves it. i was hoping by miracle young would win it but truly bush deserves it. the man makes my jaw drop on some moves that he makes. He in my opinion will be #1 in the draft and rightfully so. also another good thing is, atleast the ball dancing qb didnt win it. :D