The Ace Question

TSwift25

Well, considering we still don't know how just about everyone but 1 guy on this list is going to turn out, you almost have to vote for Dontrelle. :lol

This question is flawed Swifty.

No one in our system has more impressive stuff than AJ Burnett coming up...and I wouldn't want him anywhere near Game 7 of a World Series.

Unless he was starting for the other team. Step into a pitch, get hit, watch him implode.

This question is flawed Swifty.

How is:

Out of all the pitchers we've acquired/have, who has the HIGHEST CIELING, not who is currently the most accomplished...who's the next "ace."

flawed?

Your opinion can't be flawed...that World Series part was a joke, if it bothers you so much, I'll delete it.

This is such a fun problem to have.

No question.

And it's great to be talking about our team like this again.

Although I'm sure someone will drop in with a "Who cares? They won't be here." comment anyway.

*got that out of the way*

here is the more interesting question....

who catches these pitchers?

Why is Tank included by not Allison, if we're including all the potential ace pitchers in the organization? I wouldn't vote for Allison, but I'm just saying...

Threw Tank out there because he's still one of our top 10 prospects (well, before the fire-sale) while Allison's lucky to be alive.

I left Marceaux off too, but that's just because he got shelled this year.

Joe Mauer.

:o

:drool

Why is Tank included by not Allison, if we're including all the potential ace pitchers in the organization? I wouldn't vote for Allison, but I'm just saying...

Threw Tank out there because he's still one of our top 10 prospects (well, before the fire-sale) while Allison's lucky to be alive.

I left Marceaux off too, but that's just because he got shelled this year.

Fine, but if you're doing a survey about the highest ceiling in the organization, Allison needs to be in the discussion, even with his past problems

I don't have as big a problem with Tank being included (anyone who votes for him can pretty much have their opinion immediately discredited) as with Allison being excluded.

For the record, Anibel Sanchez narrowly edged Scott Olsen in my vote, but it really could go either way with those two

Is the question who is our future ace or who has the highest ceiling? Two different questions.

What are the chances anybody on that list becomes a better pitcher than DW? If you talk about "Ceiling" that basically is saying how good can they possibly be. If you have great stuff, it's possible that you can be a great pitcher. Will they be the ace of the staff if Dontrelle is on it? Nope. Dontrelle's "Ceiling" seems to be ML all-star, one of the best pitchers in baseball. Who on the list can beat that?

Is the question who is our future ace or who has the highest ceiling? Two different questions.

What are the chances anybody on that list becomes a better pitcher than DW? If you talk about "Ceiling" that basically is saying how good can they possibly be. If you have great stuff, it's possible that you can be a great pitcher. Will they be the ace of the staff if Dontrelle is on it? Nope. Dontrelle's "Ceiling" seems to be ML all-star, one of the best pitchers in baseball. Who on the list can beat that?

Exactly!! :thumbup Dontrelle's ceiling is "Cy Young Caliber."