Bengals WR Henry Arrested On Pot Charges

Passion

Bengals rookie wide receiver Chris Henry was arrested early Thursday morning by Covington Police for marijuana possession and four traffic charges.

Henry, 22, of Florence, will appear in Kenton District Court at 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Henry was stopped for speeding by two Covington Police officers at 2 a.m., said Ken Easterling, Chief Prosecutor for the Kenton County Attorney?s Office.

The officers smelled the scent of marijuana, and Henry consented to a body and vehicle search. Officers found two baggies of marijuana in his left shoe.

Henry also was driving what police described as a new Cadillac Escalade but could not produce proof of auto insurance and had expired tags and an expired license. He also was charged with speeding and will appear in Kenton District Court on Dec. 28 for the traffic charges.

He posted $150 bond and was released. He was at Paul Brown Stadium for practice today.

Henry was the Bengals? third-round draft pick from West Virginia. In 12 games for the Bengals, the rookie has 30 receptions, five for touchdowns, and a 13.2-yard average per catch.

Bengals media relations director Jack Brennan was checking early this evening to see if the club would have comment on Henry?s arrest.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/312150031

Geez....haven't heard of this yet, but what the hell was he doing in Philadelphia??

I assume he'll be suspended and have to attend a treatment program - just great dumb a$$ rookie.

I hear Philly has better sh*t. :lol

Must of went to see Donovan Mcnabb, and comfort him with marijuana. :hat

This hurts a little, He separates much, much better than then Kelly Washington. He will be missed for as long as he's out.

But I'd be interested in seeing what Tab Perry can do at WR.

Yeah, except Chad Johnson would never pull stupid sh*t like this.

How dumb do you have to be, as an NFL player (or anyone really, but especially someone with plenty of money) to:

1) Have weed on you in public. (Self explanitory. If you need weed so bad, send one of your boys to get it, that's what they're there for)

2) Be driving with a suspended license. (Call a limo, you're in the damn NFL)

3) Be driving a car with expired tags (see above)

4) Not have proof of insurance (um, can he not afford insurance?)

I won't list speeding because everyone does that. But, come on. I don't think any of the individual offenses are that big a deal (I don't care about weed), but god damn how stupid an individual is Chris Henry?

Yeah, except Chad Johnson would never pull stupid sh*t like this.

How dumb do you have to be, as an NFL player (or anyone really, but especially someone with plenty of money) to:

1) Have weed on you in public. (Self explanitory. If you need weed so bad, send one of your boys to get it, that's what they're there for)

2) Be driving with a suspended license. (Call a limo, you're in the damn NFL)

3) Be driving a car with expired tags (see above)

4) Not have proof of insurance (um, can he not afford insurance?)

I won't list speeding because everyone does that. But, come on. I don't think any of the individual offenses are that big a deal (I don't care about weed), but god damn how stupid an individual is Chris Henry?

All of the stuff is minor, but.....

if Henry did not have a history of stupid things like this in the past it would be easier to think less of it.

This has been big news up here.. and just to think that if he had been across the River and in Cincinatti, that he would have just gotten a ticket.. or a lesser offense. I dont live to far from Covington.

I'm not so sure. Police officers in Cincy have a history of racism. Just depends on who pulls him over, I guess.

• 5 months later...

He's adding on to his already sparkling rap sheet:

Sirius NFL Radio reports Bengals WR Chris Henry has been arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence.

Henry reportedly failed a series of field sobriety tests and was subsequently charged with OVI. Already going on trial for a felony gun charge August 21, recovering from a knee injury, and accused in May of "an alleged crime of a sexual nature," the second-year wideout is doing his best to become the next Lawrence Phillips. Oh, Henry pled guilty to marijuana possession in March too.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...ne=68204&spln=1

Heh.

What an idiot. Hell of a reciever, is stupid off the field. As if Nicholson going to jail wasn't enough. Oh, well, price you pay for high risk, high reward draft picks.

Thing is, this guy has the potential to be one of the premiere wide recievers in the league.

Wow. Some people just dont realize when they have a great opportunity in front of them. In my eyes he is worse then Ricky Williams.

Without a doubt, there is no comparison between smoking weed and operating a vehichle under the influence of alcohol or the other crap he has done.

Guest Fritz

Didn't Henry get in trouble back in like March down in Florida? I could've sworn I remember reading something like that. Either way, the guy's an idiot. Get your boyz if you need that stuff.

Who Dey? lol

I love the hate from so-called Steelers fans...

Like Santonio Holmes wasn't just arrested. :rolleyes:

"Huh!? WHAT!? Whur'd you hear that!?"

Arrests suck for any team. I always hope those problem child college kids who go to the NFL, on some level, make it and are able to get their heads straight. To hope for their ruin at the sake of making a few "clever" snide comments or that your team might win a game is classless.

Who Dey? lol

Bandwagoner.

Just like you.

Blick, blang, blaw.

I smell jealousy

Who Dey? lol

Arrests suck for any team. I always hope those problem child college kids who go to the NFL, on some level, make it and are able to get their heads straight. To hope for their ruin at the sake of making a few "clever" snide comments or that your team might win a game is classless.

love it how you took that personally

This has been big news up here.. and just to think that if he had been across the River and in Cincinatti, that he would have just gotten a ticket.. or a lesser offense. I dont live to far from Covington.

I'm not so sure. Police officers in Cincy have a history of racism. Just depends on who pulls him over, I guess.

They'd be so racist if they actually prosecuted, huh?

Who Dey? lol

:lol

So your favorite college team's former WR was arrested and your NFL team's WR was arrested.