85's next touchdown celebration

Ramp

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson is dreaming of a whitetail Christmas.

The Bengals receiver suggested Tuesday that he has a special touchdown celebration planned for Cincinnati's game on Christmas Eve, one that will top his Riverdance, his end zone putt and his sideline proposal from earlier this season.

A surrogate reindeer, perhaps?

"On the highway, I hit a deer," Johnson said Tuesday, insisting he was serious and that the animal wasn't hurt. "I kept him. He's at home in the garage. I'm going to use him for the celebration this weekend. He's a prop. They might suspend me for the last game, but I think this one is worth it."

Even if Johnson is serious -- and, with him, there's no telling -- coach Marvin Lewis would certainly put his foot down. So Johnson's scheme may never get beyond the talking stage.

He wasn't joking about his desire to come up with a celebration that will keep fans talking long after the Bengals' last regular-season home game.

Fans in Detroit booed when he merely handed the ball to an official following his touchdown during a 41-17 victory Sunday that clinched the AFC North title. It was only the second time this season that he didn't celebrate a touchdown -- the other came when the officials needed time to decide if he had scored, spoiling the moment.

"But this Saturday, I'll be back to my old self," he said. "You can look forward to the celebration being part of something that has to do with Christmas. It's going to be fun. I might get in trouble, so I might as well let that out now. I might get in trouble for what I'm going to do, but it's worth it."

Johnson was excited by the thought of getting a deer into the end zone routine. His Riverdance brought him national attention as a hoofer. Now, he's fixated on hooves.

"This is going to be the greatest celebration of all time, man," he said. "I actually use an animal."

I cant wait

I loved how during the interview, the reporters were laughing so much that he started laughing.

Happens all the time. He says something dumb, they laugh, he can't help himself.

The dude is a kid. An adult with the sense of humor of a 12 year old. And I love it. Plus, Monday was the team's day off and Chad was at PBS at 8 AM watching film. Marvin told him he was thinking of calling him and Chad's response was, "What? What'd I do wrong now?"

The best part is the father/son relationship Marvin has with Chad. You know he loves the guy, but man does Marvin get pissed at him, too. Chad is referred to as one of "Marvin's sons," too, it's like one of his nicknames.

wonderful. i CAN wait. just play the game and f*** your silly endzone dances

YES! YES! YES!

The overeaction I was hoping for. There's always one person who's got to bitch because someone's having a little fun. "Man, this is b.s.! Dude's having too much fun!"

Besides, the dude is more than willing to get fined for this as well as his shoes (10,000 per game for orange shoes with gold bottoms). So, why do you care?

I would think this is good news for me, come on 85, I need you now more than ever for my fantasy championship

Oh, and the thing that sucks is, USUALLY when he goes out of his way to guarantee something it doesn't end up happening. He's about 60-40 on guarantees.

wonderful. i CAN wait. just play the game and f*** your silly endzone dances

YES! YES! YES!

The overeaction I was hoping for. There's always one person who's got to bitch because someone's having a little fun. "Man, this is b.s.! Dude's having too much fun!"

Besides, the dude is more than willing to get fined for this as well as his shoes (10,000 per game for orange shoes with gold bottoms). So, why do you care?

I would think this is good news for me, come on 85, I need you now more than ever for my fantasy championship

Oh, and the thing that sucks is, USUALLY when he goes out of his way to guarantee something it doesn't end up happening. He's about 60-40 on guarantees. hand the ball to the ref and continue playing. you get paid to play not to dance around like a silly nancy boy. sorry i like the game not the line dancing in the end zone.

sorry if you dont agree. its simply my opinion. you tend to get real offended when people state opinions about the Bengals.

Why can't you do both though? ;)

I mean, I'd agree with you if his numbers weren't so great. Kelley Washington doing the squirrel on Sunday when he isn't even good enough to dress when our other WR aren't getting arrested on pot charges, lame. But when you're the best receiver in the AFC, you've earned it.

Celebrations should be part of the game, players are human. I hate how the NFL tries to act like they're not.

sorry if you dont agree. its simply my opinion. you tend to get real offended when people state opinions about the Bengals.

I wouldn't call it offended. Especially since in most cases people hating on this team have never seen them play.

That being said, the dude is having fun and scoring touchdowns. You don't like it, that's your prerogative. I don't take football seriously enough that I don't think they shouldn't have SOME fun with it.

i hear you guys and respect your opinion as you respect mine. while i sound like an old fuddy duddy i really am not. i just love watching quality ball without all the extra ego's.

i do understand where you are coming from. and to let you know i still wouldnt like it if he was playing for hte phins. but i def respect his skill and ability. he is one of the best.

congrats on the bengals season

Can't wait. As much as the game should be all clean and good, if you can get to the endzone do whatever you want.

Don't want him to celebrate? Don't let him score. Pretty simple.