New cell

Lefty

So my contract just ended with Cingular, and me and my girlfriend were looking at other services. Verizon was interesting, but we ended up staying with Cingular. My phone actually just broke two days ago, so it was great timing. Today we both bought the new Sony Ericsson "Walkman" W600i (sp).

This phone is amazing. It has a cool open method (counter clockwise motion), you can dl MP3 music onto it, you can access the radio...It has a 1.3 mega pixel camera, and when you take pictures you hold the phone sideways, so it feels just like a digital camera (and looks amazing, btw). Video quality is great as well. The camera function has about 10 different features (picture size, night vision, light, quality, etc).

I'm still sifting through the features and I'm in love with it already. Retail is 299, but there is a 100 dollar mail-in rebate. And if you are upgrading within Cingular and have a media package (internet, etc) you get it for 250 (and 100 rebate). And the best part is we get to keep our old plan, which they discontinued. It's a Familyshare plan with 850 shared minutes for $69. The current $69 plan is only 700 minutes (suckers!).

Anyway, I'm just hippity happy about this and googling over my new prized possession. It also comes with a USB cable to download the music from the computer to the phone! I wonder if I can use the USB to download pictures to the computer?

Just wanted to share my joy with all of you. Have a happy new year.

I was in the same situation as you about a week ago.. This is what I got!

And BTW, you can tansfer photos on your phone... You have to make sure and make your phone drive visible on your destop just like you would with a normal computer Flash Drive. Just drag your photos to the folder.

Ya I almost got that one. It was between the 600i, ROKR and RAZR. The RAZR doesn't have any great features and hte camera is mediocre--it's just slim. THe ROKR is mainly for music. I just like the one I got :)

I choose the ROKR because Im one of the few that didnt get inot the whole iPod craze... Although I do own a MAC, just never got inot the iPod cause its a bit expensive, plus a cell phone that I will use everyday and holds 100 songs! PERFECT!

I did see pic of your phone though, it looks pretty bad @SS!

I got this baby a few weeks ago. Best Buy had a good deal on it.

wow its my phone in black.

what do you know? hey fritz....how much is yours costing you :)

Nothing.

Christmas gift, FTW.

i was able to get my razr through cingular for around $150 after rebate back in may or june

i like the phone, mainly because I don't care about the camera portion .. it has the features I use and doesn't bulge my pocket

now if only cingular would improve their service to those of us living in the southwest...............

the only thing i worry with t mobile is how the coverage will be if i'm traveling...i havent done this yet so i dont know....

i got my phone through a company called wirefly. great service from them, 200 bucks, free bluetooth, 200 mail in rebate upon my second bill.

great deal overall as far as i'm concerned. basically the lesson, avoid buying directly from the providers as they will rape you literally.

Had AT&T was forced to switch to Cingular (well, wasn't forced but it would have cost $250 per phone to void contracts with AT&T/Cingular to switch to another provider)...I absolutely hate Cingular.

Reception is spotty, the features I have on my phone barely ever work and customer support says that disruptions can happen (and I quote) "near a body of water, or when it's raining." Well, geniuses, ever been to Florida? That pretty much describes the entire f'ing state.

Never, ever deal with Cingular and a high-tech phone, they just suck.

I was with cingular off contract for about a year.. the ppl working in their stores are MORONS! I did everything online... was able to get my Itunes phone for only 100 bucks.. of course w/ a 2 yr deal but that was no biggie. I was actually paying 68 dollars a month and by signing the new deal i got it down to 49.99 so it worked out well for me.. I did it all online! SCREW the in-store ppl, they will rape all the cash out of you account!

my phone with cingular would always miss calls, i'd be like huh?

you called me? when?

adn i'm like, i never got your call....

cingular's customer service by and large sucks, their products sucked for me, and they didnt really care about keeping a customer they had for over 8 years.

i did feel bad cause a good friend i went to school with works for them and would always hook me up, but what can you do...

my phone with cingular would always miss calls, i'd be like huh?

you called me? when?

adn i'm like, i never got your call....

cingular's customer service by and large sucks, their products sucked for me, and they didnt really care about keeping a customer they had for over 8 years.

i did feel bad cause a good friend i went to school with works for them and would always hook me up, but what can you do...

Yea I think that tends to happen when your phone becomes out of date. That happen to me with my old phone... The out of date phone they just want u to trade in, upgrade, and sign a new contract...

Talking all this stuff about phones, its funny because my new phone (the pic above) has been freezing lately. I called cingular and they are sending me a new phone because they said my phone was defective. LOL! I have had the phone for 2 weeks... Hopefully the new one they send me isnt screwed up, that would really suck!!

I had a Nokia 3300 Music Phone from Cingular, but I gave that to my brother when I got my Sony Ericsson T237. I then lost that after a year and got a T290a.

I was tempted by all these music phones, they are really nice, but the price was going to bite since my contract had 1 more year and I had no phone insurance. The Nokia phone is almost 2 years old and it still plays nicely and is very functional. In fact, I have not heard one person complain about the durability of a Cingular Music Phone.

As for downloading to the computer, beware that you may corrupt the file system in the phone and be forced to reformat. That happened to me with the Nokia.

Another tip for Cingular users: If you want to upgrade your phone and are in the contract without an upgrade window, go to Wal-Mart or another Go Phone vendor and buy one. Then transfer your SIM chip from your current phone to the new GoPhone model. Then call Cingular and get it connected. It works like normal and is a life-saver in a pinch.

I had a Nokia 3300 Music Phone from Cingular, but I gave that to my brother when I got my Sony Ericsson T237. I then lost that after a year and got a T290a.

I was tempted by all these music phones, they are really nice, but the price was going to bite since my contract had 1 more year and I had no phone insurance. The Nokia phone is almost 2 years old and it still plays nicely and is very functional. In fact, I have not heard one person complain about the durability of a Cingular Music Phone.

As for downloading to the computer, beware that you may corrupt the file system in the phone and be forced to reformat. That happened to me with the Nokia.

Another tip for Cingular users: If you want to upgrade your phone and are in the contract without an upgrade window, go to Wal-Mart or another Go Phone vendor and buy one. Then transfer your SIM chip from your current phone to the new GoPhone model. Then call Cingular and get it connected. It works like normal and is a life-saver in a pinch.

You can take any phone from any company and transfer it to any company. You only have to pay a 15 dollar 'transfer' fee. But ya, I've heard about what you've said.

You can pretty much do that with anyone.

My major beef was that you still have to pay for the damn phone when i could buy it with a new contract and get it back in the form of a mail in rebate for free.

So it was either...

1) Get the upgrade from Cingular

2) Buy the phone from a third party company but it would cost me 10 gillion dollars

3) Tell Cingular to goto hell.

Being a member of the former SBC family, now AT&T, I'm not shocked at all that they suck when it comes to customer service, they think they are a monopoly, in many ways they are, so they say to hell with customer service.

Screw them.

I'll be in the market for a new phone in March with Verizon, so I have been looking around. I found a good site that has reviews and alot of pic views at PhoneScoop.

From what I researched, right now the Razr is the best buy with Verizon. They have the 1.3 mega pixel camera, plus the sleekness.

Yes, it is.

However, prices are a little high right now.

When I was at Customer Service last week, I overheard quite a few people in front of me complain about the Razr. It supposedly drops a lot of calls and whatnot, which is pretty rare for Verizon. I personally think the buttons are a pain in the ass too, I dread anytime I ever have to use my dad's. I guess it's something you get used to though. I do admit it looks pretty nifty in black or the new pink one they have now. But bleh....to each his own.