Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sammy Sosa

Featured Replies

I'm stunned that he still hasn't been signed.

 

I know he had a horrible year last year, he is getting older and it's probably no coincidence his power has gone down since the stringent drug testing policy was put into place... but seriously, NO ONE wants this guy?!

 

With all the money that's being thrown around this off-season, I just find it hard to believe that no one has signed him yet whether it be a multi-year, single-year, guaranteed, incentive-based or minor league contract.

 

Will anyone pick him up, and if so, how much do you think he'd be worth?

it has been suggested he might go to miami for like 2-3 million on a one year contract.

I personally doubt it and really dont think anyone wants the attitude and all

ill take him in a marlins uni

 

it would be funny to see him run out into RF, doing his thing, and seeing absolutely nobody in the Fish Tank

You are 'stunned' no one is jumping at a 38 year old horrible defensive outfielder with a stat line of:

 

.221 | 14 | 45 | .295 OBP | .376 SLG

 

:plain

  • Author

You are 'stunned' no one is jumping at a 38 year old horrible defensive outfielder with a stat line of:

 

.221 | 14 | 45 | .295 OBP | .376 SLG

 

:plain

 

 

I am stunned that no one is throwing money at him in this market when lesser proven players have gotten huge contracts, yes.

 

And I don't want him on the Marlins, I do think it'd be a waste of money, I'm just surprised NO ONE seems to want him.

the only thing the marlins would want from him is "perhaps" use him as a very very cheap name to try to use to sell tickets.

 

 

"come see the 500+ HR and future HOF player Sammy Sosa and the AAA marlins"

 

(yes poor joke I admit it)

 

 

But, I think it is a terrible signing.

 

My OF should be

RF Hermida

LF Willingham/Aguila whomever wins the job

CF FA pickup / Reed

sammy is done and has been since 2k4.

 

anyone signing him is just throwing away money.

 

 

Couldn't have said it better.

ill take him in a marlins uni

 

it would be funny to see him run out into RF, doing his thing, and seeing absolutely nobody in the Fish Tank

 

I laughed out loud.

Retire big guy and save some of the pride you have left.....

 

 

I wonder if he stores it next to the cork

If you saw him play in person recently, you would understand why he isn't getting any offers. Neither is Palmeiro.

I Don't know but sources tell me watch out for the following teams making an offer for Slammin Sammy

Chicago white sox, Red Sox with el papi and Manny, or the evil empire NY Yankees as a DH! you just never

know! :mischief2

sammy is done and has been since 2k4.

 

anyone signing him is just throwing away money.

 

 

Couldn't have said it better.

:lol

Might want to update your sig dood.

Sammy is done period.. If anyone takes a chance on them which they will, it will be minor league contracts for both Raffy and Sosa..

If I'm the G.M. of a mid-market team that's trying to win, but not trying super hard, and I need an outfielder, I'm calling Sosa.

The problem with Sammy is Sammy's ego itself, he has become a bit sensitive lately...but I believe there maybe a cover up in the Majors about Sammy Sosa, I mean I knew that ballplayers may fall into a slump

once in a while but this is rediculous, either way his bat is important in any line-up...and I'm telling you don't be surprise if the Yankess offer him a one or two year deal as there starting outfield and put sheffield as DH or something, :mischief2 the Red Sox can also make this deal, but it seems that after Pedro's, and now Manny's fiasco Dominican players may have over stayed there welcome in Boston :confused

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.