Artest to the LA Kobe's in 3 Team Deal?

JonDigital

Ron Artest - F - IND - Dec. 29 - 12:52 pm et Probasketballnews.com is reporting that Ron Artest is likely headed to the Lakers in a three-way deal involving the Raptors, Pacers and Lakers.

Sam Amico wrote a column that posted this morning stating that Artest is going to the Lakers. He says that the deal is practically done, except for working out a few kinks. He has Artest and Jalen Rose going to the Lakers, Austin Croshere and another Laker player to the Raptors, while the Pacers would get Devean George and a draft pick or player from Toronto. Jalen is worth a pickup now, in case this deal goes down. Dec. 29 - 12:52 pm et

While I was keeping my hopes up that the Heat would try to swing him I'd rather him go to the West then the East. This might turn into a circus over there in LA.

edit::this might be a horrible source probasketballnews.com

I love the deal! I understand they both are headcases, but I will take it for their talent. This team lacks some serious talent and hopefully Rose and Kobe can get along. I don't think Artest and Kobe will be that much of a problem together.

If these guys can keep their head on straight we make out like bandits.

I love the deal! I understand they both are headcases, but I will take it for their talent. This team lacks some serious talent and hopefully Rose and Kobe can get along. I don't think Artest and Kobe will be that much of a problem together.

I thought you were a Bulls fan?

I thought you were a Bulls fan?

Well I am. Kind of.

The Lakers are my favorite team, but I go to 5 or 6 Bulls game a year. So I am a Lakers fan, but I root for the Bulls.

Good job by Toronto getting rid of Rose and his contract

They have to take Croshere's stupid contract though.

But still.

Rob Babcock needs to be careful. He's looking right about Charlie V, he stole Mike James for Rafer Alston, Jose Calderon was a friggin find, he's going to ruin his rep as the worst GM in the history of sports.

man...... this trade works out only for the lakers, raps unload jalens contract and no production from his ass.... and than get austin croshier's fat ass contract?

and the pacers give up Artest for Devin George????

devin freaking George?

hell na......... they want artest, they need to give up ODOM.... and i aint even a pacer fan....... DUBMBEST MOVE the lakers did was give the wizards caron butler for Kwamie "im a bust" Brown......

man pacers wanna make artest pay send his ass to da jail blazers or Morman City in Utah......

where he wont have a chance to go the playoffs......

I would hope Indiana could do better than that....

No kidding. Artest for Devean George and a draft pick? I don't buy it. Bird can just make that public and other teams will jump all over it.

Rob Babcock needs to be careful. He's looking right about Charlie V, he stole Mike James for Rafer Alston, Jose Calderon was a friggin find, he's going to ruin his rep as the worst GM in the history of sports.

Yeah it's amazing how this guy has gone from a laughing stock to a series of good moves. Throw in the fact that his team is going to be wildly under the cap for the amazing 07 free agency period.

Ron Artest - F - Pacers

Indy Star reporter Mark Montieth was on WNDE 1260 radio in Indianapolis this afternoon and said that the report about Ron Artest and Jalen Rose going to the Lakers is not likely and that it was a case of "poor journalism."

Montieth went on to say that a trade with Denver was more likely, with Nene being the centerpiece of the deal. It sounds like Artest will be moved in the next two to three days, but Donnie Walsh and Admin Bird aren't about to tip their hand as to what they are working on. As for the Jalen and Artest to the Lakers story, it's still a possibility, but it doesn't sound probable as of right now. If nothing else, it sure livened up the basketball world today. Dec. 29 - 4:37 pm et