What if teams had a chance to redo last years draft?

Junior

I'm not sure I'd want a WR with the one we got in the 2nd round.

I really don't have a problem with the Benson pick, TJ doesn't have a great history of good health... I'll need to see him get consistant snaps before I make a decision on him but he ran solid before getting hurt.

...would have been too early to take Heath Miller and we'll be taking a good TE next year anyway. I also could have lived wtih taking Merriman to put next to Urlacher and Briggs. *dies*, but Hunter has done a great job.

no real surprises...... i mean, wha pist me off was they had the phinz takin caddie ova ronnie......

Ronie has less carries and move yard per average.......

but ya, clearly the best playa in the draft is MY BOY from MARYLAND Shawne Merriman......... way to repersent the terps...... and for 2006 Veron Davis might be the best playa in the draft....

gado 8th pick? ya like we all knew samkon gado would be this good? wasn't he the back up's back up in the practice squad? but he was a feel good story of the year

Guest ShaqandWade323

That was completely pointless, who's to say Merriman would be that good in the Niner's system? And Sam Gado at number 9!? Whoever made that is mentally challenged.

I would still take Ronnie over Cadillac. They are looking at just numbers for rushing. I like his hands and blocking better still.

Yes, because you know his blocking is better.

:rolleyes:

both are pro bowl backs but from what I saw of the games I watched for the dolphins and the bucs. I liked brown better for our system.

Given the same amount of carries, Ronnie would've had more rushing yards. With a higher average. With more TDs. Add to that his better blocking and receiving skills, I'll "settle" for Ronnie. The Cadillac Hype Machine is so friggin' ridiculous.

White hasn't looked deserving of first-round billing thus far. He has just 25 catches for 399 yards and a pair of touchdowns. By comparison, the 6-foot-4 Henry has been a pleasant surprise in Cincinnati, scoring six times on 31 receptions for the playoff-bound Bengals. And he only cost Cincy a third-round pick.

Wow. Just wow. No need for SI to look at the disparity in QB talent.

:lol :lol :lol

Given the same amount of carries, Ronnie would've had more rushing yards. With a higher average. With more TDs. Add to that his better blocking and receiving skills, I'll "settle" for Ronnie. The Cadillac Hype Machine is so friggin' ridiculous.

White hasn't looked deserving of first-round billing thus far. He has just 25 catches for 399 yards and a pair of touchdowns. By comparison, the 6-foot-4 Henry has been a pleasant surprise in Cincinnati, scoring six times on 31 receptions for the playoff-bound Bengals. And he only cost Cincy a third-round pick.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.

I can easily say the same thing if Caddy got Alstott's TD attempts or if he didnt miss those games and wasnt hurt in others.

When in doubt for Fritz, blame 'media hype'.

It's not suprising that the only ones still on Brown's coattails are Dolphin fans.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.

I can easily say the same thing if Caddy got Alstott's TD attempts or if he didnt miss those games and wasnt hurt in others.

It's not suprising that the only ones still on Brown's coattails are Dolphin fans.

Yeah, Fins fans really have no reason to think that Ronnie is the superior player. High yards per carry, better blocker, and better receiver. Darn. I don't blame the media for anything, but they're overlooking stats because they like Caddy more and are fast to annoint that he's far superior to Ronnie when in fact it's quite the opposite.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.

Yeah, Fins fans really have no reason to think that Ronnie is the superior player. High yards per carry, better blocker, and better receiver. Darn. I don't blame the media for anything, but they're overlooking stats because they like Caddy more and are fast to annoint that he's far superior to Ronnie when in fact it's quite the opposite.

Seriously, how do you know he is a better blocker? Are you a NFL scout now? The fact is, it is not Caddy's job to catch the ball. That is what Michael Pittman is here to do. "So if Caddy had Browns chances to catch the ball who knows how many yards he would have."

Give me the guy with more yards in less games.

So more total yards in one less game for Caddy means Brown is better? :rolleyes:

Also, how can you even say who is the better blocker? How can that even be a point when it is nearly impossible to back it up?

'Far superior' yet nearly everyone sans Fins fans have Caddy as the ROY. :rolleyes:

ROTY is a one year award. We'll see how it plays out in the future. Anthony Thomas won the award over LaDainian Tomlinson. I still think Ronnie is the better player and if the Dolphins thought he wasn't as good as Caddy, they would've chosen Caddy. Also, it took Ronnie four "off" games in a row coupled with a fifth missed game and Caddy has just now re-taken the total yards lead over Ronnie while Caddy is the feature back and Ronnie is splitting carries with a guy with superstar talent.

Dont discount the four games in a row (with two missed weeks in between) where Caddy was severely hobbled with injuries then.

Caddy has 6 100 yard rushing games.

Brown has 2.

I also expect Caddy to put the kabash on this situation when his numbers inflate after playing New Orleans this final week.

P.S Dont put Ricky in the 'superstar' category this year. The guy for most of the season was working himself back into shape and was a shadow of his former pro bowl self.

Also, Ronnie was the 'feature' back for the first 6 games this year. 4 of those Williams was suspended and the other two Ricky had a combined 7 yards.

Brown averaged 73 yards on the ground those games.

Nah, Caddy deserves the ROY at this point.

Brown just hasn't done enough the last 2 weeks to keep pace. Doesn't matter that he was out. Caddy should and will win the award.

I don't think that really has any bearing on who's the better RB, and I don't think the Dolphins would trade Brown for Caddy at this time. But who knows...I could be wrong. I don't see how Saban could possibly be upset with what he's gotten, but maybe he wakes up in a cold sweat at night rueing the day he picked a versatile back who has run for 4.5 yards a carry in his first season. It's possible.

Nah, Caddy deserves the ROY at this point.

Brown just hasn't done enough the last 2 weeks to keep pace. Doesn't matter that he was out. Caddy should and will win the award.

I don't think that really has any bearing on who's the better RB, and I don't think the Dolphins would trade Brown for Caddy at this time. But who knows...I could be wrong. I don't see how Saban could possibly be upset with what he's gotten, but maybe he wakes up in a cold sweat at night rueing the day he picked a versatile back who has run for 4.5 yards a carry in his first season. It's possible.

Easily the best post from a Fins fan on this subject.

Not once have I said who would be the better back in the future or say Caddy would be a better pick then Ronnie.

I just argue and believe that Caddy had the better season and is the Rookie of the Year.

I just argue and believe that Caddy had the better season and is the Rookie of the Year.

Mike Nugent leads all rookies in points.

*votes for Nugent*

:plain

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooge.