Panthers @ Sabres

Accord

My suspicions were correct... it's totally blacked out for Panthers fans.

634 FSN: Women's College Basketball

765 CenterIce: Blacked out

625 MSG Alternate: Blacked out

This f***ing sucks. The one day everyone is home and ready to watch the game, it's f***ing blacked out.

My suspicions were correct... it's totally blacked out for Panthers fans.

634 FSN: Women's College Basketball

765 CenterIce: Blacked out

625 MSG Alternate: Blacked out

This f***ing sucks. The one day everyone is home and ready to watch the game, it's f***ing blacked out.

That answered my question. I was going to purchase center ice since 4 of the 5 games on the road trip are not on FSN. Only game on FSN is Tuesday against the Devils. :mad

Game recap:

Roberts, Nieuwendyk score as Panthers top Sabres

Sunday January 1, 2006

BUFFALO, New York (Ticker) -- Gary Roberts and Joe Nieuwendyk showed the value of experience for the Florida Panthers.

Roberts scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and Nieuwendyk added his eighth to lead the Panthers to their third straight victory, a 2-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres.

The 39-year-old Roberts has nine points in his last five games and registered his 98th career power-play tally to lead the Sabres to just their fourth win in 21 road contests this season.

"It's kind of embarrassing to have three wins on the road (midway) through the season," Roberts said. "We know we need to be better. We know that is a must road trip for us. We need to get points on the trip to stay in the hunt. Tonight was a huge win for us."

With the game tied 1-1, Florida capitalized on a two-man advantage when Roberts redirected captain Olli Jokinen's blast from the right point past goaltender Ryan Miller for his 10th goal at 7:09 of the third period.

"Nieuwendyk made a great pass to me at the blue line to hit me with speed," Roberts said. "I just kind of went around the net and threw it back to our D. We've been successful with Olli getting the puck to the net. He saw me out of the corner of his eye just going to the net. Their (defenseman) tried to stop it with his skate, he missed it. I was able to get a stick on it and get it by the goalie."

After scoring both tallies in Friday's 2-1 victory over the Montreal Canadiens, Nieuwendyk needed just 32 seconds to give the Panthers the early lead. He raced along the boards and took a shot from the right faceoff circle that deflected off Miller for a 1-0 edge.

"I just leaned a little bit," Miller said. "I wasn't in the position I wanted to be. It got my armpit because I was not completely square to him. It didn't go as high as I anticipated."

A 19-year veteran, Nieuwendyk recorded his 541st career goal, tying Hall of Famer Stan Mikita for 24th place on the all-time list and moving within three of Canadiens legend Maurice Richard.

"The fact that we're healthy has been a big factor," Panthers coach Jacques Martin said. "You look at a game like tonight, Nieuwendyk the first goal, Roberts the second. The veterans are really coming through for us. I think that's a good sign."

Buffalo tied the game midway through the second period, just as a delay-of-game penalty against defenseman Steve Montador expired. Blueliner Henrik Tallinder took a cross-ice feed from Maxim Afinogenov and shot the puck over netminder Roberto Luongo's left shoulder for his fourth tally.

Raising his season record to 16-16-6, Luongo stopped 28 shots, including a chest save against Jochen Hecht on a shorthanded breakaway with 2:35 remaining in the second period.

"This is a big road trip for our team," Luongo said. "We knew that coming in, we wanted to start it off on a good note. I think we did that tonight and now it's just a matter of continuing the strides we've taken."

The Panthers opened a five-game road trip by defeating Buffalo for the third time in as many meetings this season.

"They play a good style against us," Miller said. "We've got to pay attention to that. Just be aware, other teams are probably watching these games and (will) try similar styles. We gotta find a way to rise above that. Of course, Luongo has a lot to do with that."

Miller made 18 saves and had his four-game winning streak ended for the Sabres, who suffered their third defeat in 13 outings. They also had their five-game home winning streak snapped.

"The first seven minutes was as poorly as we've played in a while," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "Our execution, our passing, we just weren't crisp, we weren't alert. We deserve what we got.