Abercrombie

CyggyMarlin

OK, today was the first time I got to watch the new blood in action (thank you ESPN), and I liked what I saw in the team and in ABercrombie... Does anyone else think that as of right now he has the center job. I think he has the potential to develope into a good player. Granted, it's ST but he is making a case for himself and hopefully won't turn into Tuffy Rhodes, Matt Nokes, or Kevin Maas (you youngin's can google those)

Guest markotsay7

I was going to post the same thing, Cyg. I've been anti-Abercrombie for a while since he stunk it up in the minors but today really, REALLY impressed me.

Yeah... Seriously, I hope he becomes a main contributor to this team on the field and at the plate...

I assume that whoever ends up in Left is just gonna be called Fitch to go with Hermi and Abercrombie...

"It's a shot in the Gap between ABercrombie and Fitch, Abercrombie is there and rings up an out..."

"It's a clearance sale this inning as Abercrombie and Fitch both homer and empty the bases..."

I'll probably get heat for this, but when I see Abercrombie, I see OMGNUNEZ. A guy that will get hot every once in awhile, but won't be able to sustain anything for any substantial amount of time.

Nah, that's probably true.

Only hope is that he has enough speed to try to avoid prolonged slumps if he works on making better contact.

I'll probably get heat for this, but when I see Abercrombie, I see OMGNUNEZ. A guy that will get hot every once in awhile, but won't be able to sustain anything for any substantial amount of time.

I see what you mean. But as I said earlier, I don't see that in Reggie. I see someone with much more potential and longevity. I remember watching Nunez, thinking no--this guy is one dimensional and is enjoying a nice little run.

But when I see Abercrombie (granted it's only been a couple of times), I really get the feeling he's legit. He could be an Alex Gonzalez-type contributor with more speed and a little more potential for higher BA.

But when I see Abercrombie (granted it's only been a couple of times), I really get the feeling he's legit. He could be an Alex Gonzalez-type contributor with more speed and a little more potential for higher BA.

what year of Alex Gonzalez?

kid is going to swing at literally everything and early in the count. I just hope he keeps making strong contact. Our greatest fear concerning Abercrombie has got to be that pitcher's just start A-Gon'ing him. AKA breaking balls outside until he falls face first after a mammoth cut.

OK, today was the first time I got to watch the new blood in action (thank you ESPN), and I liked what I saw in the team and in ABercrombie... Does anyone else think that as of right now he has the center job. I think he has the potential to develope into a good player. Granted, it's ST but he is making a case for himself and hopefully won't turn into Tuffy Rhodes, Matt Nokes, or Kevin Maas (you youngin's can google those)

I have a Kevin Maas signed baseball lol

he is also going to be hitting 7th in our lineup... kinda cool to have someone withthat kind of potential hitting so deep in the lineup

only when D-train isnt playing. I still say we bat D-train 6th when he is playing right before Willingham

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.