Hialeah Mayor Robaina in Descarga Deportiva today

fanfish

Mr Robaina was very possitive saying that if all goes well he expects that there may be a positive announcement concerning the new marlins stadium in Hialeah by the end of April.

He stated that both the Marlins and MLB keep saying they prefer to stay in South Florida. The Marlins do admit that they are also speaking to other cities.

The funding gap seems to now be a "small one" and according to the Mayor, Hialeah will donate the land for the stadium. He did not say where. Negotiation among all involved continue. The Marlins are talking with both the city and the county and negotiations are indeed moving forward in a spirit of cooperation.

The Mayor went as far as to say that the moment he felt the Marlins were not negotiating in good faith, he would be the first to publicly say so.

Guest Festa

Samson keeps in contact with Hialeah Mayor Julio Robaina, but significant progress has not been made in stadium talks

?????????????

One of my sources tells me The Herald hasn't heard of this news yet.

Getting your Marlins information from The Herald isn't a good idea. Anyways, THIS ARTICLE CAME HOURS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW ON DESCARGA DEPORTIVA.

So yeah....

Hialeah is alive and well. :thumbup :whistle

I vote to ban people from Texas except Das

ditto

Come on where's that good old Floridian's spirit. Did I mention I'm a PT resident of Palm Beach Gardens. Do you want to ban full-time Texans, as well as PT Floridian Residents. Listen, I'm sure one of you is already following up on the article, and bringing that reporter up to speed. See, there is a plus by having others post.

As far as I'm concern, six one way, and half dozens the other whether the Marlins move to SA. You should welcome double's advocate, keeps everyone on their toes. Living for over 15 years of my life in Florida, I know you folks have better class then the fans of N.O., who handle themselves with no class. An impression of the most uneducated morons I've ever communicated with.

Have a good one.

God speed.

Little Competition is good for the soul. :cool

Makes me wonder why the owner of the Marlins would invite our Mayor, DA, County Judge, and four other county leaders to the Marlins opening game.

Because its in Texas and he wants to give them a token of his gratitude for being a bargaining chip to get the stadium done in So. Fla? :mischief2

Guest Festa

Makes me wonder why the owner of the Marlins would invite our Mayor, DA, County Judge, and four other county leaders to the Marlins opening game.

Maybe just incase the Hialeah deal falls through? :mischief2

Because its in Texas and he wants to give them a token of his gratitude for being a bargaining chip to get the stadium done in So. Fla? :mischief2

ooo now thats just a :kicknutz ...but i agree...the only reason this happens is because the game is in texas...if loria invited them to a game in miami then id be worried...but until then...its like loria giving them a reach around for now...i mean a reach around is the least he could do for finally getting south florida politicians to take the possibly of the marlins moving as something that is real

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.