Marlins @ Chicago 4/24, 25, 26

I'm traveling to Chicago for the Cubs vs. Marlins series. Would anyone know how to find out what hotel the Marlins would stay at for the series? I think my kid would be surprised if I could somehow book the same hotel as the team. Any help or direction would be great. Thanx.....

I was able to get tickets for one game near where Bartman sat for the NLCS game..... should be alot of fun.. plus I think Cubs fans will be somewhat shocked to see any Marlins fans with this year's team. Since Marlins fans are always considered fair weather supporters. Though they have played three decent games this year against the NL champs Astros......

I got a message from one of my buddies today. Take it for what you will.

I still don't want to register for MB.com because I'll get addicted, but on the Marlins vs. Cubs series thread, tell the guy they, as of 2003, stayed at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. In cities where there are Ritz Carltons, the hotel has an agreement w/ MLB to stay there, but Chicago doesn't have one.

I was able to get tickets for one game near where Bartman sat for the NLCS game..... should be alot of fun.. plus I think Cubs fans will be somewhat shocked to see any Marlins fans with this year's team. Since Marlins fans are always considered fair weather supporters. Though they have played three decent games this year against the NL champs Astros......

No. Cubs fans will still give you the same sh*t regardless of what team you root for. Cubs fans suck and are absolutly retarded. Trust me, I have a lot of friends who are Cubs fans and I've been a couple of Cubs games since I live in Central Illinois, they are all the same.

Can I come with you ? Wrigley is my dream field to visit.

It's a cool stadium though. I'd say get some people together and get some rooftop seats.

I wanted to see a game from one of the building rooftops outside of Wrigley, but the prices are really expensive. One hundred dollars and up.... the prices are so much because the cubs sued the owners of the buildings because they were profiting off of their product. So after two years of legal crap they agreed to pay the cubs 17% of the profits. The Cubs make 1.5 to 2 million for doing nothing, pretty smart. So the owners now pass the 17% off to the fans and with the free publicity of the suit they are booked for most of the season.... crazy stuff...

No. Cubs fans will still give you the same sh*t regardless of what team you root for. Cubs fans suck and are absolutly retarded. Trust me, I have a lot of friends who are Cubs fans and I've been a couple of Cubs games since I live in Central Illinois, they are all the same.

Can I come with you ? Wrigley is my dream field to visit.

It's a cool stadium though. I'd say get some people together and get some rooftop seats.

Wrigley is a great place to see a ball game, especially in May-August. Before May there is ALWAYS a chance of snow. They are predicting mid 30's for the home opener Friday!! After August, the Cub loyalists have started the ""wait til next year".

Cub fans are a different breed. Say all the negative you want to about them, but you have to give them credit, they are insanely loyal. Even when their team is not palying to their potential (80% of the season) they show up; and the express themselves, they do not mind getting down on one of their own who isn't doing his job. My familiy spent soem time following the fish in ST and bought a boat-load of t-shirts, hats, etc. When the got back to Chicagoland, they took all kinds of grief for Marlins wear. I had to remind them of the infoamous Bartman incident, they forgot who the opposition was.

Enjoy your time at Wrigley, take public transportation (not just ot Wrigley, but anywhere in Chicago, including to/from the ariport). It will save you a lot of headached and outrages parking fees.

i went to chicago over the summer to catch a cubs and a white sox game....a lot of fun. wrigley's really nice. bring a jacket ..gets pretty windy. eat at harry caray's -really good place..if you're interested in autographs go to either the cubs parking lot or the marlins bus......i did really well autographwise

I did a similar road trip last year. The Marlins played the Brewers and Cubs back to back so I went to 2 game in Miller PArk and 2 games at Wrigley... had a great time. I was actually upset this year that they are not playing back to back again. I got ticket for the series in Miller park but the games in Wrigley are at the end of this month in the middle of the week and I cannot make it. I had great seats at Wrigley ROW 2 behind 3rd base it was awesome I was practically on the field. You will have a great time, I even ran into some of the Marlins players shopping on Michigan Aveneue after the Saturday afternoon game.

Wrigley is a great place to see a ball game, especially in May-August. Before May there is ALWAYS a chance of snow. They are predicting mid 30's for the home opener Friday!! After August, the Cub loyalists have started the ""wait til next year".

Cub fans are a different breed. Say all the negative you want to about them, but you have to give them credit, they are insanely loyal. Even when their team is not palying to their potential (80% of the season) they show up; and the express themselves, they do not mind getting down on one of their own who isn't doing his job. My familiy spent soem time following the fish in ST and bought a boat-load of t-shirts, hats, etc. When the got back to Chicagoland, they took all kinds of grief for Marlins wear. I had to remind them of the infoamous Bartman incident, they forgot who the opposition was.

Enjoy your time at Wrigley, take public transportation (not just ot Wrigley, but anywhere in Chicago, including to/from the ariport). It will save you a lot of headached and outrages parking fees.

I'll have to go ahead and disagree with that statement that cubs fans are great. Why? Because I actually live with a lot of them, go to school with a lot of them, and have been to games with them. The MINORITY of cubs fans actually know anything about their team or baseball. Wrigley has become more of a tourist attraction than anything else. I would say for every loyal, diehard, educated cubs fan I meet, I meet about 4 idiots who couldn't name the starting rotation or lineup. And this is on a daily basis. Wrigley is a cool park, one of the best in the majors becaue of Wrigleyville. But never get on the side of their fans. The Cubs fans you'll see in May when the Cubs come to town are a minut fraction of what Cubs fans in Chicago are like. I can fill this board with stores of idiodic Cubs fans, especially since I'll be going to Wrigley on Sunday for a Cubs/Cards game, but I'll spare all of you and just hope that you take my word for it.