Joe Biden

Lefty

After watching Bill Mahr, I'm definitely considering voting for him in '08. Of course I'm going to wait until the candidates are announced and the various issues to be debated--but he made a strong impression on me during the last episode. He seems very strong-willed and unafraid to approach the American people on a personal level. I can't explain it--I just felt a sense of strength and ability from him.

And btw, Ben Affleck as a political figure isn't as far-fetched as many would think. I've seen him a few times on Mahr, and he knows what he's talking about...

I like Biden too, but he has flaws. Biden's biggest problem is the people will rehash what happend in his 1988 run:

Controversy broke Biden's candidacy for the U.S. presidency in the 1988 Presidential campaign. He was found to have plagiarized a speech from British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock. The plagiarism was considered all the more serious, because it included details of Kinnock's life which were not true in Biden's case. After Biden withdrew from the race, it was learned that he had correctly credited Kinnock on other occasions but failed to do so in an Iowa speech that was recorded and distributed to reporters by aides to Michael Dukakis, the eventual nominee. Dukakis fired the senior aide responsible, but the damage had already been done to Biden.

It was also alleged that Biden had plagiarized while in law school 20 years earlier in a first-year legal-writing class. Unaware of appropriate standards for legal briefs at the beginning of his legal training, Biden used a single footnote rather than multiple citations required to cite five pages from a legal article. Both Syracuse University Law School and the Delaware State Bar Association cleared Biden of plagiarism charges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

It's also very hard to get elected as a senator because people can distort your voting record. Ask John Kerry. Governers control the agenda to make themselves look better.