Santonio Holmes

Lefty

Who else thinks Miami would be wise to draft him should he be available at their selection?

I think we'll be 'fine' with who we have now (Booker, Chambers)....

But now that we've upgraded QB, I think we should do everything we can to upgrade WR too.

Yes and no.

He's good, but not exceptionally fast (his 40 time is fast, but I don't see it on the field) or a really tall guy (I believe not over 5'10''). But, he can make catches and with the right QB get in the endzone.

I don't personally think he's a breakout pro wide reciever, but there's POTENTIAL.

Yes and no.

He's good, but not exceptionally fast (his 40 time is fast, but I don't see it on the field) or a really tall guy (I believe not over 5'10''). But, he can make catches and with the right QB get in the endzone.

I don't personally think he's a breakout pro wide reciever, but there's POTENTIAL.

For his size, I'm thinking Steve Smith. I haven't really seen that much of him, but does he have similar potential?

Steve Smith is actually a good comparison. Obviously, Santonio has a lot to prove, but they are similar style guys.

He is not blazing, but he's not slow. He is quicker on the field then he looks, he just runs so smoothly that it doesn't look impressive. And playing next to Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez didn't help him in terms of looking fast either.

He has very impressive hands and he runs flat-out textbook routes. If you hook him up with a timing QB, he's going to be downright deadly, because he WILL be there when he's supposed to be. He runs his routes right out of the playbook, it's disgusting. During one of our recap shows this year they showed him running a 7 yard hitch and out route from 5 different games and it looked the EXACT same. It was uncanny.

He IS going to be a difference maker at the next level. He's the best receiver I've ever seen at this school, in my humble opinion (too young to remember Cris Carter). Better than Boston, better than Glenn, better than Galloway, etc. If he was playing in the John Cooper offense those 3 were, he'd hold every record in our book.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I can't say better than Boston, Glenn or Galloway, though. Maytbe you're right, in a less conservative offense he would have flourished. In my mind, David Boston was the best reciever I had seen. I thought he'd do nothing but get better in the pro's. Boston is definitely my favorite of the bunch, although, I'm not sure where he falls in comprison to Glenn and Galloway.