A question about Easley

Admin

I know he's long gone, and this isn't an important question, but it has always made me wonder.

I wasn't around for the 03 offseason, and I was wondering if Easley was signed as insurence in case Castillo signed away or just as a utility infielder and other 2B options were going to be explored above and beyond Easley.

Guest Juanky

He was signed merely as a bench bat if memory serves correctly.

The "trade Castillo since we have Easley" talk didn't occur until the offseason between 2004 and 2005.

Thanks, I was just ignorant of the enitre situation, since I had little access to baseball news outside of ESPNews which is crap unless you want non stop BoSawx or Yankees insight.

I would of never traded Castillo because we had Easley, but I'll admit during his tenure here...Easley was among my favorite Fish, and always will be. I wish we would of kept him this offseason.

Guest Juanky

In reality, the moving Castillo because we had Easley contingent was only a small minority here on the board, I don't recall it ever flowing into the mainstream of the Miami media at any time.

Especially considering that just the prior offseason Luiy had taken less money to stay with the Marlins over possibly playing for New York.

I wasn't a member back then, in fact I didn't even know what a message board was.

Truthfully, I think it was May of 04 before I even got my bearings back from being overseas, and that is when I first found out we had Easley. Wasn't fond of him at first, then he just grew to be one of my favorites.

I had just always wondered if he was an insurence policy, thanks for the info.