If the Marlins did leave, would MLB eventually give S. FL another fran

Accord

Hypothetically speaking here for a minute, if the Marlins did infact leave for San Antonio, do you think Major League Baseball would eventually give South Florida another franchise, similar to the NBA giving Charlotte the Bobcats only a couple years after the Hornets left town?

South Florida is too valuable of a market not to have a major league team, and frankly a fresh start may be something the whole region needs.

Discuss!

Hypothetically speaking here for a minute, if the Marlins did infact leave for San Antonio, do you think Major League Baseball would eventually give South Florida another franchise, similar to the NBA giving Charlotte the Bobcats only a couple years after the Hornets left town?

South Florida is too valuable of a market not to have a major league team, and frankly a fresh start may be something the whole region needs.

Discuss!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. South Florida is to MLB as Los Angeles is to NFL. They'll keep trying to put a team down there, but unless a stadium deal and good ownership group gets put together, it won't happen. They'll certainly be more careful next time. 3 owners in 12 years can't be good for anyone.

I dunno.

I've spoken to someone "in the know" and he is under the impression that if the Marlins were to come up for sale, Huizenga would be very interested in buying them again and building the baseball stadium right next door to Pro Player so the sports village can get underway.

Now, it's incredibly unlikely that MLB would want to both come back into a bad market like Miami so quickly and also expand further (since I don't think relocation of another franchise would be an option).

So, I echo the sentiments that it's incredibly unilikely to happen, but I guess there is a slim possibility.

It's simple. Miami will become a prime and immense leverage market for other teams to demand stadiums from their ballclubs. Eventually something will happen and either the teams will get their stadiums(leaving another city heartbroken) or they will have to move here(I bet the politicians will get off their asses and now work hard at financing a baseball stadium).

Im not sure if any of these teams have locked up stadium deals yet, but look for the list to now include:

Royals

Twins

As

It's simple. Miami will become a prime and immense leverage market for other teams to demand stadiums from their ballclubs. Eventually something will happen and either the teams will get their stadiums(leaving another city heartbroken) or they will have to move here(I bet ther politicians will get off their asses and now work hard at financing a baseball stadium).

Im not sure if any of these teams have locked up stadium deals yet, but look for the list to now include:

Royals

Twins

As

Nationals

It's simple. Miami will become a prime and immense leverage market for other teams to demand stadiums from their ballclubs. Eventually something will happen and either the teams will get their stadiums(leaving another city heartbroken) or they will have to move here(I bet ther politicians will get off their asses and now work hard at financing a baseball stadium).

Royals

Twins

As

Strike the Royals. The referendum for the money to renovate the ballpark passed, so not only are they getting the renovations they wanted, they are going to get an MLB All-star game when they are complete. The rolling roof to split between the Royals and Chiefs failed however.

The Twins are still waiting on a vote by the MN state legislature to approve increasing sales tax to use for a stadium. But so are a university and the Vikings. The university will likely pass. The Twins is a little iffy, but probably has a 55% chance of passing. The Vikings won't pass most likely.

The A's are focused on San Jose as a relocation site, and really have been for a few years. They just need to work out some sort of deal with the Giants.

And of course the Spurs are looking into possibly buying either the Twins or the A's and move them to SA should the Marlins not move to SA.

Yes, being from SA I've looked up relocation possibilities for both NFL and MLB :D

ABSOLUTELY YES.

When Selig leaves a whole new era will be ushered in. You find local investors with political ties, and guarantee a stadium and you're sure to get a franchise. MLB isn't stupid, it follows the money.

Whoever replaces Selig will be cut from the same cloth. Selig has busy orchestrating team sales to people who agree with him.

It's simple. Miami will become a prime and immense leverage market for other teams to demand stadiums from their ballclubs. Eventually something will happen and either the teams will get their stadiums(leaving another city heartbroken) or they will have to move here(I bet the politicians will get off their asses and now work hard at financing a baseball stadium).

Royals

Twins

As

i agree, it would become what tampa was before the d-rays.

It will not happen for a long time. Los Angeles has shown that a sport can be successful without a team in the 2nd largest market. They have an expansion team in Jax but not in LA. That is a bad sign for ever getting MLB here in So Fla again.

We may be in line for a AAA team though

Lucky us.