The Goldberg Plan...

Malman

Anyone listen to Hank this morning? I only caught the tale end of his rant about the stadium situation. He was actually very positive this morning. He was calling for a committee of key Dade County "movers & shakers" ala the Orange Bowl Committee to be put together to help solve the stadium quandary. Hank spoke about getting the politicos out of the mix and putting it in the hands of the real decision makers in Dade. He suggested some well respected individuals to head the committee. He dubbed his view the "Goldberg Plan" and vowed to save the Marlins. Pretty shocking stuff coming from Hank. Did anyone else catch this?

As much as I can't stand him, if you have Hank on your side, you can get things done.

One of the stadium blog guys (Cape, Festa, etc.) should send him an email...if he gets some positive response it might help his motivation level.

I emailed him earlier today.

:thumbup

Dade and the Marlins desperately need some outside thought, but I don't think either would be willing to turn over the project

You're probably right...maybe they need to look "outside the box" a bit. It's not like their making significant progress on their own.

my brother was watching CNN headline news just now.. and he said that hank was on a comcast newsmakers spot talking marlins.. he said that sanantonia and southflorida residents would be voting on a 1/2 penny tax that could be used for the stadium when elections come around, and that if it didnt pass, he thinks that Wayne would come in on his 'white horse'... as for the actualcomments.. i didnt see it my brother did.. this is just what he relayed back to me..

they roll over cnn headline.. its on a 20 min repeat.. so around 250-3 they might show it again unless its on an hourly scroll.. well see..

Hank's suggestion is that one of the (publically) behind the scenes groups like the Beacon Council get involved and find an out-of-the-box solution without politics getting in the way.

For those who don't know, the Beacon Council is probably the single most prestigious and quietly powerful pro-business forum in South Florida. Not much gets done without their imprimatur. In previous months they have come out in favor of finding a local solution to keep the Fish in South Florida.

My guess is that this is already ongoing and Hank has gotten wind of it.

A Marlins exodus is bad for business and no one understands that better than the Beacon Council.

Hank's suggestion is that one of the (publically) behind the scenes groups like the Beacon Council get involved and find an out-of-the-box solution without politics getting in the way.

For those who don't know, the Beacon Council is probably the single most prestigious and quietly powerful pro-business forum in South Florida. Not much gets done without their imprimatur. In previous months they have come out in favor of finding a local solution to keep the Fish in South Florida.

My guess is that this is already ongoing and Hank has gotten wind of it.

A Marlins exodus is bad for business and no one understands that better than the Beacon Council.

Exactly right...Hank specifically mentioned the Beacon Council and referred to the now defunct "Miami Sports Authority." He also made mention of how the Orange Bowl Committee is no longer relevant since they have done away with the parade and the BCS picks the team that will play. Supposedly the OB Committee was once a powerful group as well. Perhaps some of these individuals can come together and help save baseball in South Florida?

Beacon Council

Orange Bowl Committee

Guest Festa

i talk to claude delorme he very nice person he the one that look at stadium development their want to day to hialeah park to see the ground and how traffic in area and he say it most likely their pick one near i-75 so i going try keep intouch with him

What the hell are you saying?

Claude Delorme was hired by the Marlins as a stadium advisor. I think he did the same thing for Loria in Montreal.

He isn't bad except that he has no real power in the organization because Samson handles everything short of being the building's architect.

He fails in Montreal, yet Loria rehires him? Talk about an incompetent owner.