todays attendance

8,994 That is really bad.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...e.aspx?team=014

wow..but the sad thing is the numbers will continue to go down...wouldn't even surprise me to have section 145 all to myself.

They won't have an announced attendence much lower than 8,000 because of all the STH accounts that are counted in the attendance whether they show up or not.

Today's attendance > 12k

I demand a recount. It looked like 22k. :thumbdown

It was probably about 22. They don't include gametime walk-up ticket buyers in those announced attendance figures, from what I remember. When I was walking through the gate on my way in, the lines at the ticket booths were ridiculous. So there was a very big walk-up crowd that didn't get factored in.

Today's attendance > 12k

It was probably about 22. They don't include gametime walk-up ticket buyers in those announced attendance figures, from what I remember. When I was walking through the gate on my way in, the lines at the ticket booths were ridiculous. So there was a very big walk-up crowd that didn't get factored in.

They probably just made a mistake. Its nice to see the Fish bringing in a nice sized crowd. (The Braves had 22k in their ballpark a few days ago).

It's alright, things will get better, it's a business thing, spend little make little, spend big, make big profit. Loria was afraid to wheel and deal, and HEY, the NBA Playoffs are around the corner, and the Heat are in, so, where do you think people want to go. I'd say they want to witness their first miami heat championship than die watching our fish fry, but anyways, I still end up going to the games, cause eprsonally baseball is my life, and I will always support my fish, whether they play A ball, or even triple A ball.

LET'S GO FISH!

There have been lots of technical glitches these first few days of baseball at PPS and since it's stadium employees with their little readers and stadium box office personnel controlling the count, it's hard for me to believe that this simply wasn't a computer snafu of some sort.

I noticed (or at least in my reading of the local papers this morning) that none of big three PBP,Herald, SS, took the opportunity to jump on the 12k figure and embarrass the Fish with it so my thinking is even the reporters on hand knew the number of incorrect.

Today's attendance > 12k

Attendance is determined by tickets sold, whether it be before the game or the day of. Teams still collect information about turnstile attendance. You just don't see the results. There was an article in the Post about the Nationals and some company that worked with 20 other teams to compare tickets sold records to turnstile records to examine demographics were the most frequent buyers, at what price, which attended, which no showed, etc.

There have been lots of technical glitches these first few days of baseball at PPS and since it's stadium employees with their little readers and stadium box office personnel controlling the count, it's hard for me to believe that this simply wasn't a computer snafu of some sort.

I noticed (or at least in my reading of the local papers this morning) that none of big three PBP,Herald, SS, took the opportunity to jump on the 12k figure and embarrass the Fish with it so my thinking is even the reporters on hand knew the number of incorrect.

That would make sense. I've been to enough games and there's no way that there were only 12K there. I estimate the announced figure, which should include walk-ups, should have been 22-26K.