MLB2K6

Junior

Im soo pissed at this game right now. First off i played a game knowing none of the controls lol but to make it worse i hit a HR with hermida in the 6th. So 1-0 Fish bottom 9 2 outs routine pop fly, i mustve hit a button cuz my guy just fell. one run scored. Top 10 Runner on 3rd, the game shuts off, grrrr.

I have it for 360 and I can say it's somewhat dissapointing. The controls are fine to me and the stadiums and crowd look EXCELLENT but the players aren't really next gen. I seem to throw a ton of wild pitches a game for some reason and the baserunning absolutely sucks.

I haven't had the lock up problem on mine, btw. Guess I got lucky.

The 3/23 Roster update is out for the 360. It doesn't seem too accurate since Doumit nor McClouth is in the game at all.

Mine on the 360 locks up a lot. The 5 game trick worked to get it going but the game isn't as good as MVP since the controls are really flakey, must say I'm hoping that because of this massive fopah that somehow 2K is in breach of contract and EA can save us all next season.

Im soo pissed at this game right now. First off i played a game knowing none of the controls lol but to make it worse i hit a HR with hermida in the 6th. So 1-0 Fish bottom 9 2 outs routine pop fly, i mustve hit a button cuz my guy just fell. one run scored. Top 10 Runner on 3rd, the game shuts off, grrrr.

I played an 18 inning game against the Nationals and I lost because Jacobs dropped the ball on a routine grounder to Hanley.

If you hit A on XBOX it dives.

Heh, I just turned the game off. I don't think I've ever gotten so frustrated with a game that I've just turned it off during it. I was only losing 4 - 3 in the 8th but this is what happened. I've pitched about 4 wild pitches (3 by Jason Schmidt of all people) and I've averaged about 3 - 5 a game. I'll aim it normally and the pitcher will just toss it away from the catcher. The baserunning sucks so damn much I can't even explain it. For all the cool stuff in the game, the bad stuff just overshadows it. I'm really thinking of selling this game.

I was playing my friend's copy on his 360 and I think it's really solid.

As for the pitching, it's a different aiming style then last year. Instead of aiming the ball and having that be where the pitche ends up, thats where the break/slide/movement of the pitches happens. I actually like that better then last year, more realistic and it makes it better for a 2 player experience.

If that doesn't change anything then go look at some different slider settings that are posted on the 2K sports board. That's what I always did when I had the game for XBox.

I rented it and uh ... the controls are bad, and thats an understatement. Played it for about 15 minutes and its already going back to Blockbuster, don't waste your time. MLB06 The Show is horrible, this is worse.

I love the Show. It's much better than 2k6, but it's no MVP.

I rented it and uh ... the controls are bad, and thats an understatement. Played it for about 15 minutes and its already going back to Blockbuster, don't waste your time. MLB06 The Show is horrible, this is worse.

I love the Show. It's much better than 2k6, but it's no MVP.

The Show was above average, nothing I'd buy personally .. sadly, it is much better than 2k6 .. imo 2k6 is utter garbage. MVP is the best one around, still using MVP 2005 with 06 rosters (the ones they released in Feb of this yr)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.