If You Need A Reason To Dislike The Mets

Passion

Consider the last time we had crappy songs written about the team:

2000: Who Let the Mets Out?

1986: Get Metsmerized and Lets Go Mets Go

Good Mojo.

As for the snide comment from Fishfan79, it may be early but it feels to good see your team finally clicking on a cylinders. And when that happens to a fanbase starved for attention like the Mets, we can get a little cocky. To my credit, I haven't said anything about the current record and success, don't want to jinx it.

that song sucked... :thumbdown i'd be embarrassed to have that song played for my team....

And you're not embarassed by the Miami Dolphins fight song?

go to hell. that song is the best and you better get used to it, because it will be playing ALOT this year at Dolphin Stadium!

Guest Lissy

that song sucked... :thumbdown i'd be embarrassed to have that song played for my team....

:lol :lol :lol

Pwned.

Guest Festa

Nothing beats the Red Sox using Tessie by the Drop Kick Murphys...greatest baseball song ever.

You know, that song was written over 100 years ago and was sung by the Royal Rooters when the Pilgrims played the Pirates in the first World Series, some of the Pittsburgh players (even Honus Wagner) claimed the song affected their play.

Guest Guest

Nothing beats the Red Sox using Tessie by the Drop Kick Murphys...greatest baseball song ever.

You know, that song was written over 100 years ago and was sung by the Royal Rooters when the Pilgrims played the Pirates in the first World Series, some of the Pittsburgh players (even Honus Wagner) claimed the song affected their play.

Yep, WAY back in 1903 I think. I'm not even sure if the Red Sox still use it, Passion might be able to shed some light on that. But the DKM cover is quite awesome(I have the CD, Fields of Athenry is another awesome song on that disc), and the video is pretty good too...I recommend you pick the CD up if you like the kind of music(or, if you dont have it already).

Guest Guest

It is their time, to be the latest in a long line of teams moronic sportscasters from the northeast picked to dethrone the braves but in the end fail miserably.

Everyone talks up the Mets stregnths, overstates their stregnths(Beltran being horribly overpaid for what he brings to the table...I.E., not much...like McDonalds saying things on the dollar menu are worth $10...thats right beltran, I'm calling you a small order of fries), and completely ignores their weaknesses.

I just think mr. former mutt gm whats his name whos now yet another undeserving part of baseball tonight with the knowledge of a jelly bean likes to talk about a team that he used to run that wasn't very good last year and has only seen moderate improvement...ya get wagner but an injured pedro(and a pitching staff that besides those two is possibly among the worst in baseball), and with Delgado you also get Lo Duca...clearly on the wrong side of his career, and another year of other overpriced crap.

That song rocks and has tradition :)

That is the fun thing to hear along with "Another Miami Dolphins First Down!"

Should hear them both often this year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.