Marlins-Related Autographs TTM

FutureGM

players are often nice if you mail them and ask for an autograph. :)

It's mostly in the minors.

Major league players are generally harder to get.

I dont know how it is now, it used to be they all were though. I have barkley, a magic and jordan too I got signed in the mail when I was a kid. and a shaq too :) I treasure those little things it was nice of them.

players are often nice if you mail them and ask for an autograph. :)

It's mostly in the minors.

Major league players are generally harder to get.

i've had great sucess getting MLB players also. i've gotten the following MLB's through the mail:

garrett anderson, bronson arroyo, brad ausmus, joe borowski, sid bream, ben broussard, mark buehrle, frank catalanotto, bobby crosby, zach duke, morgan ensberg, shawn estes, jeff francis, terry francona, lenny harris, orlando hudson, mark kotsay, adam laroche, brad lidge.ryan madson, gil meche, laynce nix, doug mientkievicz, lyle overbay, dave roberts, glendon rusch, mark teixeira, bernie williams, bob wickman.

i always have had all the marln autographs, but this year so far i only have: shadez, hermida, olivo, uggla, cabs, willis, and borowski

I've also been able to get those players, but there aren't many other guys besides that. David Wright is a good signer, I would get him now before it's too late.

i went to the mets hotel after a game and i got wright ( i got to talk to him too), also got reyes, glavine, looper...

What is TTM, and where do you get the addresses to get them sent?

TTM = Through The Mail

I'm guessing he sends c/o their team, wherever the player may be in the system

Team addresses are on the MLB.com site.

Minor league addresses can be found on www.gamedayrosters.com

2 questions...

1) how are MLB teams (aka Marlins) on the road with autographs at games?

2) " " " " " " " " " " " " the team hotel? How do you find out the hotel?

Thanks

I rarely do in-person autographs.

Write whatever u want to the players, it's up to you.

What is TTM, and where do you get the addresses to get them sent?

TTM = Through The Mail

I'm guessing he sends c/o their team, wherever the player may be in the system

i usually send them through the team...but there's a book that tells you all of the players' home adressess.

some tips..

1-when you're writing a letter to a player..try to include a personal experience, of a great play you saw him make, or a walk-off homerun etc.

2- never tell a player that they're you're favorite player-even if it's true

3-a good idea is when you're asking them to sign a card, send two cards and offer them one just as a way to thank them. 90% of the time the player won't keep the extra card, they'll sign both of them for you.

4-don't write to the big-time players like A-Rod, Jeter, Bonds, Damon...they will rarely sign anything, and will probably send your things back unsigned with a form letter explaining they don't have the time to sign all of their mail.

5-be patient when waiting for your sttuff to come back. it'll take a month or two before most will come back.

6- getting the marlins to sign should be pretty easy ( it has been for me) because these guys are thrilled that people want their autographs.

another good place to get autographs is after the games go to the visiting team's bus, which is at Gate A..which is also where the marlins player's parking lot is. you can get some of the other team's autographs there and sometimes marlins will stop. i've had good sucess going to the vistors hotels (diplomat, 17th st. marriot, or the harbor beach marriot usually) but you have to be discreet, otherwise security will catch you and kick you out.

So you address it to the team...Do you put a little note saying "Hey, I love you. Can you sign my card?"

yes....if you just put cards in there and not tell them what you want them to do with the cards......they'll just throw them away. also include a self addressed stamped envelope

So...where do you get all your cards?

Bud's Spprts Cards is good..you can buy packs of cards anywhere (target, walmart probably), and i usually buy the season set by topps...it's 750+ cards i think of most of the players in MLB (also includes prospects)..it's about $65. the new set comes out around father's day.

I need to learn your techique.

this is what i usually say..

Dear Mr. Willis,

Hi my name is Jeff and I am a 14-year-old avid marlins fan. I think you are a very talented pitcher and add a lot to the marlin team. I look forward to watching you play for many years to come. Anyway the main reason I'm writing to you today is to ask you sign a card for me; the other you may keep if you wish just as a way of saying thank you. I've also enclosed a SASE for you to use as well if you decide to respond. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter and i look forward to anything i may receive.

your fan,

Jeff

don't make it too long or short. tell him how great you think he is and then get to the point of why you're writing to him. it doesn't hurt to say thank you a million times either. in person autographs make sure you're polite and say something don't just hand them a pen and a card. last year i did that to conine, didn't say anything and when he signed it and gave it back..he stared at me for like 15 seconds..waiting for me to say thank you.. it took me a minute to figure out why he was staring , and then i finally coughed up thank you. and i mentioned good luck in atlanta (as the marlins were leaving to play the bravos)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.