Shaun Alexander selected for cover of EA Sports' Madden '07

>:(

From EASports.com:

NFL MVP and NFC Champion Shaun Alexander Selected For Cover Of Madden NFL 07

April 20, 2006 ? Electronic Arts announced today that NFL MVP and NFC Champion running back Shaun Alexander will appear on the cover of Madden NFL 07, the newest iteration of the EA SPORTS? best-selling football franchise with the official videogame license of the NFL and its players. With this year?s focus on the running game, Alexander is the perfect representative for the cover of the most popular football videogame franchise. Last year Madden NFL 06 sold more than six million copies.

?To be on the cover of Madden NFL 07 is a big milestone in my career since I have always been a huge fan of this franchise,? said Alexander. ?EA SPORTS is focusing on the running game in this year?s version, so I was honored when I was chosen to be on the cover to represent the improved running game.?

Alexander, who was named the NFL MVP and selected for his third consecutive Pro Bowl this past season, is the hottest running back in the NFL. He has rushed for over 1,150 yards in each of the last five seasons. As the most valuable player in the NFL he rushed for a league-high 1,880 yards and 27 touchdowns on 370 carries. He also caught 15 passes for 78 yards and one touchdown, scoring an NFL-record 28 touchdowns, setting a new single-season rushing touchdown record. In addition, he extended his NFL-record number of seasons with at least 15 touchdowns to five. During the season Alexander became the Seahawks career leader in rushing yards (7,817) attempts (1,717) and 100-yard games (33).

Coming into its 17th year and with more than 51 million copies sold, Madden NFL Football continues to stand out as the most popular football videogame franchise of all time with a combination of innovative new features and the most authentic football gameplay. Developed in Orlando, FL by EA Tiburon Madden NFL 07 will be available in August on Xbox 360? videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox? video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube?, Nintendo DS?, PC, PSP? (PlayStation?Portable) handheld entertainment system and Game Boy? Advance.

Guest marlins02

From EASports.com:

NFL MVP and NFC Champion Shaun Alexander Selected For Cover Of Madden NFL 07

?To be on the cover of Madden NFL 07 is a big milestone in my career since I have always been a huge fan of this franchise,? said Alexander.

big milestone in his career and the beginning of the end.

That cover looks awesome.

Too bad the actual game will blow.

Most likely. EA Sports can't make a realistic game. Thats why I was pissed off when they bought the NASCAR license from Papyrus.

I still have a copy of the greatest PC game ever made that was discontinued, NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. EA ruined sim racing and online sports gameplay.

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ Apr 20 2006, 10:08 PM) 1115948[/snapback]

[quote=">:(]

Wow, nice way to rip off my name.

>=\

Snappy comeback!

Guest FishFanInPA

I was considering bettting on LT who was 10/1 during the season on bodog....and he woulda been it if not for Seattle's run.

Well, now I know who not to take early in fantasy football next year

LT is better, anyways.

Yeah, but I wouldn't have taken Alexander over LT (or Admin Johnson) as #1 anyway. The point was the one could put Alexander on a "do not draft" list because of this development

I thought it would be Roethlisberger or Manning.

Manning wasn't even a candidate. It was Roethlisberger, Ward, Tomlinson and Alexander.

Well, now I know who not to take early in fantasy football next year

LT is better, anyways.

Yeah, but I wouldn't have taken Alexander over LT (or Admin Johnson) as #1 anyway. The point was the one could put Alexander on a "do not draft" list because of this development

LT is a better athelete than Shaun Alexander. Alexander just did more at his respective position. That plus the fact that he was in the Super Bowl and LT wasn't is what got him the cover of the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.