Pujols reaches 1,000 hits with homer

>:(

From MLB.com:

Pujols reaches 1,000 hits with homer

Cardinals slugger goes deep in fourth straight Busch at-bat

ST. LOUIS -- Albert Pujols definitely likes the new Busch Stadium.

When the St. Louis Cardinals first baseman hit a two-run home run in the first inning on Friday night against the Chicago Cubs, it was the fourth straight at-bat Pujols had homered in at Busch after Sunday's three-homer game against the Reds.

The home run, his Major League-leading 11th this season, was also the 1,000th hit of Pujols' career and came in at-bat No. 3,003 of his career.

Pujols tied the Colorado Rockies' Todd Helton as the second-fastest to 1,000 hits among active players. Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki was the fastest to 1,000 among active players (2,977 at-bats) and Mike Piazza, now playing in San Diego, is fourth on the list (3,027).

The 11 home runs established a new Cardinals record for home runs in April. The previous record of 10 homers in April was set by Mark McGwire in 1998.

Pujols added a two-run double as part of the Cardinals' five-run second inning on Friday night.

Guest ShaqandWade323

No doubt he'll surpass Bonds on the HR list, and deservingly so.

Yeah, and Griffey was on pace for 800 HRs or something at one point.

That said, Pujols is the best baseball player in the world right now.

I think he's the best hitter in the world but in terms of best baseball player, no one has a better all around game than A-Rod, he's the best in the world in my opinion.

in the playoffs i was rooting for the astros. i remember when pujols came up against lidge in the playoffs. i was so nervous. but no one expected what he did. watching the flight of that ball really hit me. i was like omg...what just happened?...

Guest Fritz

As great as Pujols is, I still have a very hard time believing he's 26 years old. Either way, it'd be great to see him challenge for Bonds/Ruth/Aaron HR numbers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.