Intro to my essay

Lefty

I just wrote it on a whim before going to bed...had a little sudden inspiration.

Tell me if it sounds endearing....or at least coherent :)

Don't worry, it doesn't have to make sense--just tell me if it sounds intelligeble.

Throughout the history of the cinema, most films have conformed to and portrayed the attitudes and ideas of their time. From social norms to political persuasion, films of any genre can be influenced by society. The culture in which the movie is created contributes in this way, and is depicted by various means?including cinematic techniques, dialogue, characterization, and gender roles, among others. One such movie that exhibits cultural behavior and stereotypes of its time is Rebel Without a Cause. Interestingly, some of the characters in this movie seem to go against, or oppose, traditional gender roles. But through these conflicting ideas and images, it is evident how people of that particular time (the 50?s; the classic years) viewed such roles. While the movie appears to merely contain entertainment value, it can teach and show the audience about the society during its creation.

Well, I guess that's an okay intro. A bit dry for my tastes, HOWEVER, one note I can give you, purely style, you tend to overuse the comma. You could get rid of some of those and replace some of them with an 'and'.

I think it sounds and looks better as:

Throughout the history of the cinema most films have conformed to and portrayed the attitudes and ideas of their time; from social norms to political persuasion, films of any genre can be influenced by society. The culture in which the movie is created contributes in this way and is depicted by various means?including cinematic techniques, dialogue, characterization and gender roles, among others. One such movie that exhibits cultural behavior and stereotypes of its time is Rebel Without a Cause. Interestingly, some of the characters in this movie seem to oppose traditional gender roles. But through these conflicting ideas and images it is evident how people of that particular time (the 50?s; the classic years) viewed such roles. While the movie appears to merely contain entertainment value it can also teach and show the audience about the society during its creation.

I just got rid of about 5-6 commas and cut a couple of words that were unneeded. Good start.

I have 3 of 5 pages done. This is easily the longest paper I've done all year.

:plain

did you bother reading the rest of my post?

i took all my writing classes last year.

I did.

Film classes should be more writing intenstive than that to be considered less of a joke.

(I'm not hating on them though...I've taken several).

Ok smart ass.

I've had four papers this semester in Film class.

One was 2 pages

One was 3 pages

One was 4 pages

One was 5 pages

Not to mention the 3 tests.

:thumbup

Man.

I write five page papers in my sleep. Seriously, it's when you get into the 12+ page rage that I have trouble focusing. But, then again, I usually just hold off until the night before anyways. A five page paper can be written in a half an hour or less, sometimes without reading anymore than the beginning and end of the source material, at this point.

Nothing is motivation like procrastination.

If I sat down without any distractions, I could probably knock it off relatively quickly.

But I usually write a paragraph or two, take a break, write another paragraph, take a break, etc...

Especially since it's Sunday and there are a lot of games on.

A 12+ page paper the night before can't be fun.

If I sat down without any distractions, I could probably knock it off relatively quickly.

But I usually write a paragraph or two, take a break, write another paragraph, take a break, etc...

Nah, it ain't too bad.

I find that I have trouble focusing if I do it too early. So, it's easy to get all my facts and then knock it out the night before.

Nah, it ain't too bad.

I find that I have trouble focusing if I do it too early. So, it's easy to get all my facts and then knock it out the night before.

i'm very jealous, i hate writing papers....segue...i have a paper due on the 5th on any social injustice 6 and a half pages ...if your bored and have 30 mins :p ...but seriously...... :p seriously

Nah, it ain't too bad.

i'm very jealous, i hate writing papers....segue...i have a paper due on the 5th on any social injustice 6 and a half pages ...if your bored and have 30 mins :p ...but seriously...... :p seriously

Hah.

If I wasn't taking three writing intensives at the same time, I'd consider it for a fiver. But, that being the case, NAH.