Earnhardt Jr. to drive #3 and #8 merged scheme at Talladega

>:(

Just heard this on ESPN, can't find the article yet.

This weekend at Talladega, Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive a merged version of his number 8 Budweiser Chevrolet and his deceased father's number 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet in honor of what would be his father's 55th birthday. The two cars will come together to make a black number 8.

Earnhardt Jr. has rebounded from his dissapointing performance last year. He has two top 5s and three top 10s in 8 starts so far this season. His best finish so far this season came at Atlanta where he finished 3rd. Earnhardt Jr. is currently seventh in the NEXTEL Cup points standings, 173 points behind points leader, Matt Kenseth.

Very cool indeed.

I'm not a big Jr. fan but I certainly respect him, he's got a good additude and is a great ambassador for the sport, which can't be said about a lot of the drivers.

Mark Martin, Kyle Petty, Bobby Labonte, Elliott Sadler, Michael Waltrip, Greg Biffle. All great ambassadors of the sport. And there's more.

Very cool indeed.

I'm not a big Jr. fan but I certainly respect him, he's got a good additude and is a great ambassador for the sport, which can't be said about a lot of the drivers.

Mark Martin, Kyle Petty, Bobby Labonte, Elliott Sadler, Michael Waltrip, Greg Biffle. All great ambassadors of the sport. And there's more.

I didn't say he was the only one. I'm a Mark Martin fan by the way.

Very cool indeed.

I didn't say he was the only one. I'm a Mark Martin fan by the way.

Really? I have been a Mark fan since 99 when I started watching racing. Cool to see another Mark fan on the board.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.