I Hope Gonzo has his Prozac handy

Uhhh, we're not talking about a few extra million though people. Tejada's probably going to want well over 10 million per year. Also he's been asking Oakland for a long term deal around 8 years. Loria does not appear to want to give out long-term contracts, period. And if you're talking about Vlad, he'll be even more expensive. I don't care if he does know Loria, the Mets or LA could offer him significantly more money to play elsewhere. Guerrero's arguably the most talented offensive player in the game. He's not going to sign cheap.

If Alex slips, call up Kevin Hooper! :)

How are we going to get Tejada? I dont see 180 mil lying around.

First of all, welcome to the board Jetsmania. Nice to see you visit from the ESPN boards.

And I do believe that it would be a lot more than just "special funds" that would be needed to get Tejada.

HC is right, the Fish are not looking for long term commitments. I'd love to have Tejada here, but I think he is going to be out of our league (price wise.)

I'm pretty sure Alex has options left, so if he continues to stumble, swap him with Hooper on the roster. Give the kid a shot.

later...........

If he puts up bad number and is terrible again.. I'd release him.. since 1999 he hasn't done anything that's worth keeping him.. btw why did I say release instead of trade him? Cause I doubt anyone is stupid enough to trade for Alex Gonzalez.

I think theres is teams that would trade for Alex like Tampa they traded for Ordonez whos even worse than Alex.

If he puts up bad number and is terrible again.. I'd release him.. since 1999 he hasn't done anything that's worth keeping him.. btw why did I say release instead of trade him? Cause I doubt anyone is stupid enough to trade for Alex Gonzalez.

I think theres is teams that would trade for Alex like Tampa they traded for Ordonez whos even worse than Alex. thats debatable

;)

I think theres is teams that would trade for Alex like Tampa they traded for Ordonez whos even worse than Alex. The Rays or D-Rays or Tampa Rays.. whatever.. are a flat out joke.. so it's normal that they would acquire crap.

I think the D-Rays might be interested in that. Ordonez has no offense whatsoever. Pinella has been begging the front office to get someone who can hit. I'm not saying Gonzalez can, but he's better than Ordonez.

I live near Tampa and you are right - that team is an absolute joke, the worst in the majors without a doubt. Have you even seen their roster? It's a joke the players they are calling "regulars"! In Spring Training, the team has a .232 batting average even when some of the pitchers they are facing are minor leaguers. That's the worst of any club by a large margin. I wonder how bad it will be when the regular season starts; it's almost too ugly to think about. Their "ace" Joe Kennedy gave up 9 runs in 2 innings of work last night! They have no pitching or hitting (save Huff). Lou P. is gonna go nuts this season. I'm going to watch games just to see how mad he gets. The only thing going for TB is that they play the O's 19 times, that should get them at least 9 wins.

I think theres is teams that would trade for Alex like Tampa they traded for Ordonez whos even worse than Alex. The Rays or D-Rays or Tampa Rays.. whatever.. are a flat out joke.. so it's normal that they would acquire crap. LOL! Just to add to my Tampa rant, in the offseason they signed all the players that were nontendered by other teams. I'm talking about stiffs like Travis Lee, Chris Truby, and Lee Stevens (who they released). The only thing they have a clue on is releasing Greg Vaughn. And their front office is a joke as well. Chuck LaMar plus Cam Bonifay (who ruined Pittsburgh) and Syd Thrift (who ruined Baltimore)! LOL! I just get a laugh about them. I really want them to turn it around, them being the hometown team, but right now they are an embarassment to the City of Tampa and Florida.

Gammons gets on my nerves. Everything he writes is about the BoSox. He should just be their team analyst.

And about Tejada. I just can not see the Fish affording him esp. since he wants a long term deal (like 8 years, did he say?). Ticket sales may be up, but they are not good compared to most of the rest of the league. Also, since the Fish don't have a staduim, they don't have revenues coming in that way. I just can't see it happening, although it would be nice.

Gammons gets on my nerves. Everything he writes is about the BoSox. He should just be their team analyst.

And about Tejada. I just can not see the Fish affording him esp. since he wants a long term deal (like 8 years, did he say?). Ticket sales may be up, but they are not good compared to most of the rest of the league. Also, since the Fish don't have a staduim, they don't have revenues coming in that way. I just can't see it happening, although it would be nice.

HE WAS THE RED SOX ANALYST!!!! For 20 years Gammons was the Boston Gliobe's Sox beat reporter, then baseball guru for the paper before stepping "up" to ESPN. What do you expect?