Did big b moe lose his spot in the rotation?

rorod

he hasn't been great by any stretch and we don't expect him to be. all we want from him is to give us a chance to win. i think nolasco should get a shot but he has been our only steady pitcher from the pen...our pen sucks now if we take out nolasco and replace him with big b moe our bull pen will be giving up more runs than micheal tejada and nate bump combined...

yor thoughts on should nolasco take over for big b moe?

Depends on what the Marlins think the future holds for Nolasco.

If they view him as part of the rotation, then, yeah, time to dump Moehler since Nolasco's shown he has ability to at least hang around at this level. If the Marlins don't picture him as part of the "perfect 5" in 2008 (and I don't either, I have Willis, Olsen, Volstad, Petit and Sanchez) then there's no point.

Personally, Nolasco's combination velocity and command suits him very very well for set up/closer duties if the Marlins choose to go that route.

If they view him as part of the rotation, then, yeah, time to dump Moehler since Nolasco's shown he has ability to at least hang around at this level. If the Marlins don't picture him as part of the "perfect 5" in 2008 (and I don't either, I have Willis, Olsen, Volstad, Petit and Sanchez) then there's no point.

Personally, Nolasco's combination velocity and command suits him very very well for set up/closer duties if the Marlins choose to go that route.

Would Volstad be ready for 2008?

Guest Guest

His ETA is 2008 according to Baseball America.

His ETA is 2008 according to Baseball America.

A lot can happen between now and then but with Petit & Sanchez still ahead of him in the minors, plus the guys we already have in the majors, I can't imagine he's going to be part of our opening day 5-man rotation in 2008 but there's a good chance he debuts sometime in 2007 or 2008.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.