Cabrera's errors

Sorry, but I just find it a little annoying when people tell others to stop watching just because they are being critical of something. It would be pretty insipid if fans only made positive remarks. I am of the belief that Cabrera deserves time and I love having the guy on my team but if someone wants to point out that he's less than perfect or that his defensive play leaves something to be desired I don't think that makes them less of a fan. JMO.

Then why is there no lapse at the plate?

Please stop watching if you can't stand it.

Cabrera has a far better arm than Lowell. Cabrera has more range than Lowell does. Cabrera is still learning the intricacies of third base in regards to his new partners on the infield.

I doubt Cabrera has better range than Lowell, as Cabrera is just as slow as him.

Because the kid is a natrual talent. He doesn't have to try all that hard to do what he does at the plate.

I know he's going to get better at 3rd, and errors will happen. But there really is no excuse for lazy errors like the one he had Friday. That was seriously disgusting.

Sorry, but I just find it a little annoying when people tell others to stop watching just because they are being critical of something. It would be pretty insipid if fans only made positive remarks. I am of the belief that Cabrera deserves time and I love having the guy on my team but if someone wants to point out that he's less than perfect or that his defensive play leaves something to be desired I don't think that makes them less of a fan. JMO.

No but it makes them one hell of a nitpick

Please stop watching if you can't stand it.

Cabrera has a far better arm than Lowell. Cabrera has more range than Lowell does. Cabrera is still learning the intricacies of third base in regards to his new partners on the infield.

I doubt Cabrera has better range than Lowell, as Cabrera is just as slow as him.

pure speed isn't the only component of range.

Cabrera will be as good defensively as Lowell just as soon as he dies and reincarnates in Lowell's body.

The guy needs some conditioning. He gained 20 pounds since last year and none of it was muscle.

:thumbup

I think this is a product of his not caring -- he knows this will be like a prison sentance for him, being on this team. I think once he's gone (either via trade or FA) you'll hear him let loose on Loria & Co. It won't be pretty.

If there is anyone in this team that we need to accept its Cabrera.

His position is third base. Not left field. Willingham is doing fine there. Olivo is a better catcher.

Not right field. That's Hermida's position.

Shortstop, I don't think so. I know that was his position early on but you certainly don't want to give him anymore chances to make errors, and besides that's where Shades plays.

So we agree that it has to be third.

He will get better. Just give him a chance.

His position is third base. Not left field. Willingham is doing fine there. Olivo is a better catcher.

Shortstop, I don't think so. I know that was his position early on but you certainly don't want to give him anymore chances to make errors, and besides that's where Shades plays.

He had better shape up soon, because his play at 3b so far seems to cost the Marlins at least 1 run a game. Maybe the actual stats are better than that, but this weekend I belive that's true.

He had better shape up soon, because his play at 3b so far seems to cost the Marlins at least 1 run a game. Maybe the actual stats are better than that, but this weekend I belive that's true.

shape up soon or what?.... we're gonna trade him? lol

LMAO :thumbup

i understand what you guys are saying but this is nothing new.. he was lazy in the outfield and didnt show any hustle. i think he cares but thats just his style, looking lazy.. he probably just thinks about hitting too much. but hes like manny ramirez - i saw manny a couple days ago walk to a fly ball and let it drop even though he could definently catch it, and then he stared at it.. just be glad cabs average is up he doesnt look too lazy at the plate..

Gary Sheffield got that -- traded out of Milwaukee to San Diego. It can happen to Miguel Cabrera too.

I don't see the big fuss. He's not perfect, but he's getting to more balls than Lowell. He may not converting all of them, but he's turned some doubles into infield hits. That has been valuable.

I think this is a product of his not caring -- he knows this will be like a prison sentance for him, being on this team. I think once he's gone (either via trade or FA) you'll hear him let loose on Loria & Co. It won't be pretty.

Please stop projecting your feelings upon other people. Let's try to avoid that on this forum.

I don't see the big fuss. He's not perfect, but he's getting to more balls than Lowell. He may not converting all of them, but he's turned some doubles into infield hits. That has been valuable.

Please stop projecting your feelings upon other people. Let's try to avoid that on this forum.

:lolup

Are you joking ? That's what you specialize in.

Yeah Lowell only won a Gold Glove last year because his fielding was so sloppy he didn't get to a lot of balls

:rolleyes: